Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware
13934950

How do I remove Snap.do from firefox?

Customer Question

How do I remove Snap.do from firefox?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry you are having trouble removing snap.do.

Is it your homepage and you want to change it back to what you had?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is Firefox home page.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

What would you like your homepage to be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to remove the snap.do search engine. also I want to add the firefox tool bar.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

When you say 'Firefox toobar', do you mean your bookmarks?

What do you want to change the snap.do search engine homepage to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. and add-ons.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

Adding Bookmarks:

Click on View, then Toolbars
You want to click on and make sure what you want visible is checked.

Homepage:

Click on Tools, then Options
Click on the General Tab
Under homepage, please delete what is listed.
If you would like to enter another site, please enter it. If you do not enter anything, it will default to the Mozilla Startpage.
Click OK at the bottom.

Your homepage will be changed.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.

Please remember to rate my answer.

I will not get credit for assisting you today unless you rate 'Ok Service/Good Effort" or higher and click Submit. (Some customers just need to click Accept)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not see a "view" tab in Firefox (or any tabs). Which program should I be in?

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

It should be at the top of Firefox.

If it is not, do you see an orange Firefox bar at the top left?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a MyStart by Incredibar.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

At the very top of Firefox, you should see a menu bar with File, Edit, History, Bookmarks, Tools and Help.

If you do not see that, then you should see an orange square Firefox bar at the left side.

Do you see any of those?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. There is a symbol that look like a house. When I click on it, it say "Feed Snap.do, etc.". Also a "Bookmark" tab. There is not a menu bar or orange firefox bar.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

Please click http://www.supportdetails.com and tell me what is under web browser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Firefox 17.0

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

Please follow the steps in Firefox below to show the Menu Bar.

Press and hold ALT, then press V(View should show), then press T(Toolbars will show), then press M(This will enable the Menu Bar.).

Let me know if you are able to get the Menu Bar to show.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unable to get Menu Bar. Nothing happened.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

I am sorry, but I am going to have to opt out.

Someone with remote access may be able to assist you with this.

Have a good day!

Cory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Expert:  Santonu replied 1 year ago.

My name isXXXXX try the following steps and let me know results

A Make sure that Firefox not in full screen mode. Press F11 key once and see if you find the menubar at the top of Firefox window. If not, press Alt key once more and look for a menubar with the options such as File, Edit, View etc

If you see the menubar, click Tools menu-> Add-ons. If you still do not see menubar, press and hold Ctrl and Shift keys, and then press A

Click Extensions. If you find "Snap.Do" there, click Disable and click Remove

Restart Firefox. Click Tools-> Options, click General tab

Beside Homepage, make sure proper homepage is selected. If required, type the address of your desired homepage, click Ok

To change the default search engine, click on the small down arrow symbol next to presently selected search engine

graphic

Click Manage Search Engines..

If you find "Babylon" or "Web Search" in the list, select it and click Remove

Click on Goolgle in the list of available search engines, click Ok

B If the above does not help,

1 Close Firefox if it is open
2 Press and hold Shift key from keyboard and then click on Firefox icon. Keep holding the Shift key until Firefox Safe Mode dialog appears
(this is very important, you need to keep holding down the shift key until you see Firefox safe mode dialog box)

3 Now select first two, and last checkboxes

graphic

4 Click Make Changes and Restart

When Firefox starts again, see if the menubar at the top of Firefox window is visible

If yes, then you can use the steps listed above to change your homepage and default search engine

Please let me know results.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. XXXXX deleted the Firefox and re-installed it from the mozilla site. It works now. Thank you for your assistance.

Expert:  Santonu replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. You may still want to double check and make sure proper search engine is selected in the search bar of Firefox

If your desired search engine is not selected, click on the small down arrow symbol next to presently selected search engine

Click Manage Search Engines..

Click on your desired search engine, for example Google in the list of available search engines, click Ok