Joshua C.
Joshua C., PC Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.
18519760

how do you factory reset a mach speed android tablet

Category: Computer
Expert:  Joshua C. replied 2 years ago.

Joshua C. :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am going to assist you today

Joshua C. :

What model of Mach speed android tablet do you have? The Eclipse or maybe the Trio?

Customer:

trio 7c 2.3

Joshua C. :

Ok the Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro 7c?

Customer:

it just says trio android 7c 2.3 nothing about stealth. i put a password XXXXX the unit and have never been able to use it.

Joshua C. :

Ok one moment while I pull up your tablets information

Joshua C. :

To factory reset your device you turn the tablet completely off

Customer:

ok it is off

Joshua C. :

Then hold the volume down button and press the power button while continuing to hold volume down

Joshua C. :

If the volume button that you hold doesn't work power off the device and hold the other volume button and press the power button

Customer:

ok i am

Joshua C. :

you should get two icons on your screen

Joshua C. :

Use the volume buttons to move between the two icons

Joshua C. :

and select reset

Joshua C. :

This is the standard way to reset most android devices including Mach Speed tablets

Customer:

i get a penguin in the upper left corner but no other icon

Joshua C. :

And when you see the penguin what else happends

Customer:

nothing

Joshua C. :

it doesnt boot any further it just has a penguin?

Customer:

yes and then the penguin goes off

Joshua C. :

and boots into android?

Joshua C. :

or the screen goes black

Customer:

goes black

Joshua C. :

And now press the power button

Joshua C. :

and restart the device

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i still do not get anything but the penguin

Joshua C. :

What happened to the tablet that you want to factory reset it?

Customer:

i put a password XXXXX the unit when i got it and then i could never the password XXXXX again

Joshua C. :

I am waiting for the support manual to finish downloading from triomp3.com the website is extremely slow

Joshua C. :

Apparently they had some Black Friday deal on their tablets

Customer:

when i called mach-speed their support was not very knowledable

Joshua C. :

Its a knock off company

Joshua C. :

They copy other devices

Joshua C. :

Your tablet is a copy of the LY-F1 from china

Customer:

that is why i thought there ought to be a way to reset this

Joshua C. :

I am still looking and waiting for this service manual to download

Joshua C. :

half the pages on their website dont even seem to load

Joshua C. :

Wow their site is a joke

Joshua C. :

Its just a wordpress site thrown up on the internet

Customer:

i'm going to have to leave for home. i can check back in an hour.

Joshua C. :

Well I just checked all the documentation they provide and the clone info

Joshua C. :

If the factory reset doesn't work using the volume down + power something is wrong with the device

Joshua C. :

And Machspeed doesn't support resetting the device

Joshua C. :

They also say if you set a password XXXXX don't remember it they wont assist you in any way

Joshua C. :

Their phone number is XXXXX Oklahoma

Customer:

ok well we tried thanks

Joshua C. :

sorry about your device

Joshua C. :

Check out xda-developers.com

Joshua C. :

someone there might be able to show you how to unlock your device using custom firmware

Joshua C., PC Technician
Experience: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.