Over-Certified PC Tech
Over-Certified PC Tech, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Earned over 30 IT certifications including Security+ and Dell

I have installed Windows 8 and now my Rosetta Stone vers 3

I have installed Windows 8 and now my Rosetta Stone vers 3 gets as far as asking my name and then fails to go further and freezes
Category: Computer
Expert:  Over-Certified PC Tech replied 1 year ago.

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Hi there

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Have you rebooted your computer since you installed this application?

Over-Certified PC Tech :

If not, can you do so? This software is pretty huge so it's recommended that you reboot after the install before trying to use it

Customer:

I have turned the computer on and off several times, but it gets nowhere. I was using it with Windows 7 but upgraded my system to Windows 8 and since then it has failed to complete the installation of the program

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Are you saying you REINSTALLED it on 8? Or is this the same isntall that was working on 7 and you just upgraded to Windows 8?

Customer:

I didnt re-install Rosetta Stone just upgraded the operating system to 8

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Ahh

Over-Certified PC Tech :

That's where your problem is

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Most applications handle OS upgrades just fine for the most part

Over-Certified PC Tech :

If it's installed on 7 it'll usually work on Windows 8

Over-Certified PC Tech :

However, Rosetta stone software is typically different

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Working with these in the past it always seems difficult to get RS to load after upgrading (even from XP to 7)

Over-Certified PC Tech :

It has something to do with how the software ties with the computer but from my experience and other reports online, Rosetta software can run into many problems after upgrading

Over-Certified PC Tech :

It's best to uninstall and reinstall the application

Customer:

OK will try, but as you say it takes time!

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Yes, yes it does

Over-Certified PC Tech :

I know this application is a BEAST

Customer:

I'll try now and then get in touch later after this is done.

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Please go ahead and try that. After you uninstall the application do a system restart. When it boots back up, install the software, reboot again. When the computer comes up after the install, please try running it

Over-Certified PC Tech :

If it works, please remember to come back here and click ACCEPT. If it doesn't work, please still come back here and let me know it didn't work so I can offer other solutions for this

Customer:

OK

Over-Certified PC Tech :

Good luck!

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to have installed correctly and is now working

Experience: Earned over 30 IT certifications including Security+ and Dell