Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional
8287049

I am trying to set up wi fi on my apple 5, 4g and get a message

I am trying to set up wi fi on my apple 5, 4g and get a message that I my passwrod is incorrect!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.

Techie_Ben :

Hello

Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. I will do my best to assist you with the Wi-Fi password XXXXX you are having.

Techie_Ben :

When you go to Settings -> Wi-Fi on your iPhone, can you tell me how many networks you see available?

Customer:

Just one, "MORLOT" , without the quotes.

Techie_Ben :

Ok. And I assume that is your network, and it has a lock symbol next to the network name?

Customer:

yes

Techie_Ben :

Ok good. And are there upper-case letters in the password? If so, are you entering the password XXXXX that way, making sure that you press the UP arrow on the bottom left of the keyboard to indicate upper-case where appropriate?

Customer:

The first letter appears to be upper case, I have tried that as well as all caps

Techie_Ben :

Ok, so it seems the password XXXXX were given may not be correct if it's not working. What you could do is reset the router so that no password XXXXX XXXXX and then set a password XXXXX you've confirmed the router is working. Want to go through those steps with me?

Customer:

I am willing to give it a try. Is it possibele to do this via the telephone? i can use my headset and free my hands

Techie_Ben :

We are not allowed to communicate over the phone, but I can start a remote session that will allow me to see your screen if that would be easier, and we can chat through there in a separate window.

Customer:

OK. Let's do that then.

Techie_Ben :

Ok, let me send you a link to click on. Just one moment please.

Techie_Ben :

Ok, please click here.

Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Engineer and Support Professional
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The solution that was provided involved changing my password XXXXX my WEP key. Those changes did allow me to connect my cell but locked my laptop out. i am now unable to connect my laptop wirelessly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
How can I connect my laptop wirelessly? Because of the changes that you made, I am not able to use my laptop at home.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer. How can I connect my laptop wirelessly? Because of the changes that you made, I am not able to use my laptop at home.

I may be OK if someone could help me find the current WEP key and show me where to input it on my Win 7 laptop(home PC is XP)