Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional
8287049

I updated to Google Chrome. I hate it--it has no toolbar and

I updated to Google Chrome. I hate it--it has no toolbar and the worst thing is that my favorites tab is not there. I rely on that heavily for financial, health and business reasons. If I were to uninstall Google Chrome, which I have no use for, can I get my old Google back?
If not, can I at least get the toolbar with my favorites back? It's really important to me.

Mary XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.

Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. I will be more than happy to assist.

Techie_Ben :

If you've installed Google Chrome, you can always uninstall it and go back to either Internet Explorer, which is still installed on your machine, or download FireFox.

Techie_Ben :

If you'd like, we can try a remote session and I can set it up or walk you through it.

Customer:

I've always had Google and like it--I can ask questions and get great answers through Google. It helps in my genealogy research, too. Can I go back to the older version of Google or is Chrome the only version I can get now?

Techie_Ben :

No, you are not stuck with Chrome now that it has been installed.

Customer:

If I uninstall it, will I automatically go back to the old version?

Techie_Ben :

Yes, uninstalling it will allow you to use the same method as you had in the past.

Customer:

My main objective is to get the toolbar and my favorites option back.

Techie_Ben :

Ok, want to start up a remote session and I can show you how to do that?

Customer:

Yes, please.

Techie_Ben :

Ok, give me one minute and I will send you a link to click

Techie_Ben :

Ok, click here please

Customer:

What's happening? The joining page just kept going around and around. Am I supposed to do something?

Techie_Ben :

I am not able to see the screen yet. Does it say that it is still connecting?

Customer:

I finally cancelled it and came back here. Did I screw up anything? Nothing was happening.

Customer:

Should I hit click here again?

Techie_Ben :

Yes, please try it once more. If it doesn't work, I can try and guide you through the chat.

Techie_Ben :

I think the remote session is not going to work. If you're back, let's work here.

Customer:

Ok. Is it simply a matter of uninstalling Google Chrome?

Techie_Ben :

You may not even need to. Click Start, and type iexplore and then press enter.

Customer:

I'm sorry -- where?

Techie_Ben :

The Start button is the round button with the Microsoft logo on the bottom left corner of your screen.

Customer:

Gotcha--but where to type it? Under search?

Techie_Ben :

Yes, the box just above the button once you click it

Customer:

It worked! Thank you--thank you--thank you!!! Have a nice Thanksgiving, Ben.

Techie_Ben :

You are very welcome, same to you! :)

Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Engineer and Support Professional
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.