Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional

windows media center took over my computer and wont let me

Customer Question

windows media center took over my computer and won't let me use any of my apps like skype. I have had this problem before and one of your techs had to take over my computer and fix it . I need that again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.

Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. We can start a remote session if you are available now. Please let me know.

Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Engineer and Support Professional
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am here!

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the delay. If you still need help please let me know. I will be online around 10AM EST and throughout most of the day. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We just need to hook up ! Kinda Busy Today! Hope To get back as soon as possible! But as far as getting to actually see your response, What response? All I got was a link to a whole other site for Remote access to my own computer???? Windows Media Center program has taken over my computer and won't let me use any of my apps or other programs. I click on my Google icon on the dashboard and WMC screen takes over popping up!And I go through Games on my computer( it just popped up while I am trying to type this!) and go to the search bar at the top , click on it then delete it , type in google.comand then enter and thats how I have to get to google search. Now if I am on G search and I go to skype, it will let me on and let me access my acct. but won't let me use the service because that WMC screen will pop up every time I click on make skype call> See my dilemma.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
What time are you available? I am available now and for the next few hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am on now!

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Ok great. If you can click here and connect to the remote session, we can chat there in a separate window.
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to connect? I am in the remote session but do not see you there yet.