Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional

Is there any real advantage to connect my new Cannon printer

Is there any real advantage to connect my new Cannon printer to my local home phone line??? The included starter guide calls it : IMAGECLASS MF4570dn. I did get the auto feeder SCANNER functionality working on the scanner portion but, it only allows it to be a JPEG and a few other choices but, NOT PDF. Can you see how to set up scanner with PDF output??

Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. The benefit to connecting to a home phone line is to take advantage of the G3 fax capabilities of the unit. As for scanning to PDF, you need to select the option "Custom 2" for the output during scanning, which correlates to the PDF format. This is outlined on page "7-2" of the manual found here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GREAT ! Way to go BEN ! FAST! Love it !

Thanks for the reply. Please rate my answer using one of the faces at the bottom of the page and feel free to request me if you have additional questions by adding "For Techie Ben ONLY" in the question. Thanks again!