cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

How do I envoke spell check in the new windows 8 e-mail

Welcome to justanswer.com I am sorry that you are having a problem and I will be more than glad to help you with the best of my ability. Can you tell me what email server you are using for your email address? Example yahoo, msn, gmail?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm using MSN.com

Generally spell checkers are invoked using the F7 key, however you can enable it by going to the tools option in windows mail, options, spelling, check the 'always check spelling before sending' option.

Hope that helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll try your suggestions and get back to you. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried all your sugestions and nothing works. Have you hit the f7 key when using msn e-mail under windows 8? It doesn't do what you said. And under options spell check is not mentioned

Please do not Rate my answer until we finished with the session. Once you are satisfied please RATE 4 or above.

Have you tried this:

MSN Explorer can initiate a spell check on every message automatically before you send it:

Select Help & Settings from the MSN Explorer title bar.
Follow the E-mail link on the left navigation bar.
Click on Mail Preferences.
Make sure Check spelling before sending e-mail. is selected.
Click Save Preferences.

You might also be able to go to:
Click Tools and select Options
Select the Spelling tab.
Check the Always check spelling before sending checkbox.

Also one more way to do it from your Windows 8 screen is to go to top right hand corner of windows 8 screen, it will give you some tabs once you click on it, then it will say more pc settings, then click on general on left hand side, then go to spelling on right hand side and slide over to turn off or on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know what your talking about, The verision of IE that comes with windows does not have a help feature anywhere!

What version of IE are you using?
This is what I am getting from Windows 8:

Spellcheck and auto-correct features will become available to Internet Explorer users with the next version of the browser above IE8.

This is valid not only for Internet Explorer 10, but also for additional applications across the operating system.

At the same time, Windows 8 won’t be the only platform supported by IE10, and as such, customers running IE9’s successor on Windows 7 will also get to benefit from spell checking and auto-correct functionality.

According to Travis Leithead, program manager, Internet Explorer, IE10 on Windows 8 is capable of helping users easily identify misspelled words, fix some typos automatically, but also support corrective actions, when they’re necessary.
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience: I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
If you have anything below IE 10 this is what Microsoft is saying:

Internet Explorer 8 doesn't have spell check built in, but there are third party add-on to do this for you. Either use your favorite search engine to search for a third party add-on or visit this website:
Internet Explorer Add-ons Gallery

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.