Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional

how do I clean out old email, not just deleat but getting rid

how do I clean out old email, not just deleat but getting rid of them?

Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. Can you please tell me what kind of email you are using? For example, are you using web based email like Gmail, or are you accessing email through an email client like Outlook?

Customer :

I use yahoo

Techie_Ben :

Do you use Yahoo mail through the web?

Techie_Ben :

If you are using the web based service and need to delete an email, you can do the following:

1) Select the check box next to the email and select "Delete" in the tool bar above the emails
2) Click on the Trash folder on the left side of the page and click the button to the right of the Trash folder that says "Empty the Trash Folder". If you do not want to empty all the trash, you can open the trash folder and delete the messages one by one or in multiples by selecting the messages you wish to delete and selecting "Delete" again.