PC Helper
PC Helper, PC Tech
Experience:  A+, Net+ and HDI certifications.

Spinning Blue Circle - I have a spinning blue circle that is

Customer Question

Spinning Blue Circle - I have a spinning blue circle that is slowing my computer down. I have gone into Config and disabled everything in Startup. For a short time that seemed to do the trick but bow this spinning blue wheel is back. I suspect it could be Malware or the system is constantly checking for some. Please tell me how to get rid of this spinning blue circle.
Category: Computer
Expert:  compuanswers replied 1 year ago.

Customer:

Hi, I’m Tomas and I’ll be assisting you today. Please tell me when you are ready.

Customer :

I'm ready

Customer :

Tomas are you there?

Customer:

Hi, thank you. Please follow these steps:

. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools.
2. Click on the System Restore program icon.

3. Click Next > on the Restore system files and settings window.

4. Use a restore point created just before the date you started noticing problems.

5. Click Next >.

6. Click Finish on the Confirm your restore point window to begin the System Restore.

7. Click Yes to the dialog box.

8. Finally you'll see a message that System Restore completed successfully.

After you restore your computer, please run a quick scan with malwarebytes..

Customer :

I've tried that, doesn't work.

Customer:

Did you tried to restore?. Please run malwarebytes?

Customer :

What is malwarebytes and how do I run it?

Customer :

How do I run malwarebytes?

Customer:

and only follow the prompts to download and install it..

Customer:

firstly run a quick scan, tell me the results and later you can run a full scan..

Customer:

take your time, I'll wait for you...

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I believed I paid for the service twice, once on MasterCard and once on American Express. I was not at all happy with the Malware product you recommended. I believe there's another solution that does not require purchasing software to correct my problem of the spinning blue circle slowing down my computer.
Expert:  John Iacono replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I've seen your issue before. Let's try the below settings change and let me know if it helps to lessen the blue spin icon (this is the processing icon similar to the old hour-glass icon on windows XP)

Start your PC then click on the bottom left start button, then on the right side of the menu you should see "computer" right click on that and select properties

A new window will appear select "advanced system settings" on the left side.

A second window will appear click on the first "settings" button on the top.

Click the third button down "adjust for best performance. then click apply and then ok at the bottom.

let me know if it's any better after that change.

Firstly, did you restore your computer using a restore point before starting the issue?. Secondly, you don't have to buy Malwarebytes, you can try it for free. Malwarebytes Anti Malware is a surprisingly effective anti-malware tool, it's a very effective tool that find threats that well-known antivirus don't, so I recommended you to try it.

Not only I got a negative feedback from you, but also I'll not get paid for my time and support, unless you change it by a positive feedback. I'm here to help you, so please try all the above steps and tell me if your issue is fixed. If not, I'll continue assisting you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't begin to tell you how far back I need to go to a restore point before this started happening. I'm sure I have made changes and don't want to lose them by randomly selecting a restore point that I'm not sure is the correct one. As for the Malwarebytes I tried the free copy it did all the scanning and then corrected I believe 15 errors out of hundreds if not thousands. It asked me if I wanted to continue to fix the rest I would have to pay. I actually signed up but they somehow had problems with my credit card which is perfectly valid. When signing up it kept trying to ask me to purchase other products which I did not need or want. I went outt o look at the reviews for this software and although CNET rated it high other users said it was a piece of crap and to stay away from it. I have since started a trial subscription of AOL Checkup and that didn't seem to correct the spinning blue circle.

I also followed this advice and that didn't eliminate the spinning blue circle.:

"

Thanks for your reply. The steps you are referring to were given by another Expert.

Please right click on the taskbar (bottom), then go to the processes tab of task manager, sort it on CPU use (descending) and see if there's any process active (using the CPU) when you see that spinning circle. That's likely to be the cause. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed your latest suggestion to see if there's any process active (using the CPU) when you see that spinning circle. I'm not sure what you mean when you say seeing the spinning circle. There were maybe 3 active tasks using the CPU with very low usage (%). They were the Task Manager, Browsemngr, Chrome. The CPU showed idle 90%+ while the other tasks were very low usage (%). I hope this makes sense.

Please tell me if you only see that circle when you are on Chrome...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do see it on Chrome! That seems to be mainly where I see it although I'll see it much less on Outlook, Word, Excel, Solitaire, Free Cell.

Chrome has to be uninstalled and then be installed it again...please follow these steps:

click on this link http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html?tag=mncol;1. You only have to follow the prompts. With Revo you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys in connection with Chrome.

After completing that, please click on this link https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/ to install Chrome.

Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I uninstalled Chrome following the link above (Revo-Uninstaller); however when I try to install Chrome again I get a message stating application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor.

Please install Chrome from safe mode following these steps:

1.Turn on the computer and immediately press the F8 key repeatedly until the startup menu displays.

2. From the Advanced Boot Options menu, select Safe Mode with networking, and then press Enter.

I'll still be here for about 10 more minutes. If this is fixed, please let me know, otherwise, let me know also but we can chat again later (it's 12:36 AM)...

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will contact you sometime tomorrow. I do not feel comfortable with your latest suggestion "From the Advanced Boot Options menu, select Safe Mode with networking, and then press Enter." THere must be another way to get Chrome installed.as I've installed it before without any problems. I'm signing off. Thanks for you help. I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Expert:  PC Helper replied 1 year ago.

The spinning wheel means your pc is thinking. If Malwarebytes found hundreds or thousands of problems this is going to take some work. If you would like to share your screen and have live chat, goto teamviewer.com, click "Join Remote Control Session" under the big green "Download Free for private use" icon. Click "Run" The program does not require installation. Post your id and pass code so I can share your screen real time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Two questions: 1) are you with Just Answer; 2) how much additional money is this going to cost beyond the $38.00 I have already deposited? Thank you for your answers.

Expert:  PC Helper replied 1 year ago.

I am an independent "expert". I don't know if it would cost any more. I'm here to help you, not to gouge you.

Drew