Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional

how do i add yahoo to launchpad on my macbook

This page has step by step instructions with pictures on how to make an internet shortcut on the mac.

You want to go to the yahoo page that you want the shortcut too. Usually it would be

follow the instructions on the page once you have the webpage you want running on your browser
that will put it on the desktop

You can just drag it to the launchpad from there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

G'day Tim here--No, nothing in your answer helped---me with putting yahoo anywhere --desktop--dock--lanchpad-etc. ??? Any other ideas ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
or inaccurate answer----or incomplete answer???

If you'd like, we can do a remote session where I can walk you through the process of doing this on your Mac. Let me know if that sounds good and I will send you a link so we can get started.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that sounds great thank you Tim

Click here to start the remote session. I will start a separate chat once we are connected. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ben its me---Tim It doesn't look like i can join your session

Sorry about that, thanks for trying. I think I can still help you with step by step instructions if you can tell me what Yahoo application you are trying to add to your Launchpad. Is it Yahoo Messenger, or just a shortcut to
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

shortcut to

Thanks for clarifying. There are two screens on your Mac where you can launch applications. The first one is the desktop (the home screen you normally see when you close all your apps), the other being the Launchpad. The Launchpad is the screen you can access by clicking the Launchpad icon in your dock and opens another screen with links to applications on your Mac. The Launchpad can only launch Applications, so you cannot add a web shortcut there.

You can however add a shortcut to your desktop by just dragging the link in your browsers address bar to your desktop. To do this, just open in your browser, move the browser so you can see your desktop, and just drag and drop the address text (the part that says in the address bar) to your desktop. A link will be created on the desktop that will launch whenever you click it.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be more than happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Engineer and Support Professional