Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

get a message pop up not enough memory what can i do and my

Customer Question

get a message pop up not enough memory what can i do and my e-mail is very slow and wont send pics
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 years ago.

When do you get the popup?

What email is it, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

What program do you use for email, i.e. Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Outlook 2003, 2007, etc?

Can you click Start, then click on Run, then type msconfig and click OK. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer, then check?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it pops when ever i have gmail through outlook express 2003 what memory is this i have 3 gigs of ram

Can you try my last suggestion?

Can you use email fine at the gmail.com website?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

now it says not enough virtual memory what is that is it the same as ram or the other pop up i am getting

Sorry, did you do this: click Start, then click on Run, then type msconfig and click OK. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer, then check?

Also, do the following:

Go to the website http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
, then click on Download Latest Version, to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-malware software. Then scan your computer:
(Do not buy anything; just use its free feature.)
, then restart the computer.

Please download and install the CCleaner software
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner
, then open it and run both the Cleaner and Registry options.
, then restart the computer and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok i did that havent seen any pop ups sofar but my audio is not working

When did audio/sound stops working? Did it happen before or after trying my fixes?

Are you able to adjust the volume in Start, Control Panel, Sound or adjust the volume icon at the bottom right of the computer screen?

What's the brand and model of the computer?

Can you test sound at the website http://www.youtube.com/?

Can you insert a cd / dvd music or video disk and test sound?

Can you right-click on My Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device Manager, then open/expand Sound, video, and game controllers, then tell me all the items under it.
Also, let me know if there is any problematic/yellow item in Device Manager.

Is this a laptop or desktop?

Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

audio codecs

legacy audio drivers

legacy video capture devices

media control devices

realtek high definantion audio

video codecs

desktop

Right-click on My Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device Manager, then open/expand Sound, video, and game controllers, then right-click on each of the items under it and uninstall if available, and confirm yes, then restart the computer and check sound.

If needed, make sure to adjust the volume on both the speakers and on the computer's screen.

If needed, unplug the speaks from the computer, then connect the headphones/headsets (or another speakers) straight to the correct (green) sound slot on the computer and check sound.

Please let me know. Thank you