compuanswers, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Laptop and desktop support and computer training including Microsoft Office.

Nuance Paperport 12.1 on 64 bit windows 7 machine means the

Nuance Paperport 12.1 on 64 bit windows 7 machine means the vast abounts of CPU processing is used. Seems to be NuanceWDS.exe that is causing the problem. House can I stop it dominating the system please?

compuanswers :

Hi, I’m Tomas and I’ll be assisting you today.

compuanswers :

Please try this: click on this link;1 and after follow the prompts to download and install malwarebytes, run a full scan..

compuanswers :

This would be the first step. If your issue is solved, I'd appreciate rating my answer like OK or higher to get paid for my time and support. Otherwise, please let me know, but don't rate my answer. Other actions have to be taken and I'll tell you what the actions are.

compuanswers :

Thank you.

I have followed your instructions above. The full scan took almost two hours to complete. It found two items both quarantined and repaired successfully. However the orginal problem remains.

compuanswers :

Please follow these steps:

1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools. 2. Click on the System Restore program icon.

3. Click Next > on the Restore system files and settings window.

4. Use a restore point created just before the date you started noticing problems.

5. Click Next >.

6. Click Finish on the Confirm your restore point window to begin the System Restore.

7. Click Yes to the dialog box.

8. Finally you'll see a message that System Restore completed successfully.

compuanswers :

Please let me know the results before rating my answer. Thank you.

The procedure has had a conditional desired effect. The restore point chosen was just before a Microsoft 'Critical' update. The problem now is how to move forward, i.e. install the update, without causing the orginal problem to recur. Any thoughts please.

compuanswers :

Great!. If any update was causing the issue, what you can do is disable automatic updates: Click on start, write updates in the search program and files box, a windows is shown, click on windows update and finally go to change settings and choose never check for updates clicking on the right arrow.

compuanswers :

This way, the issue will not recur. Now please rate my answer like OK Service or higher (not lower than this) to get paid for my time and support. Any Bonus will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

compuanswers :

Please your reply. Thank you...