jctservice
jctservice , Consultant
Experience:  I'm an experienced IT systems administrator and engineer.
70537868

How to reset my Lenovo laptop to factory settings?

How do I reset my Lenovo laptop to factory settings? Please help me!!

Hi there
What is the model number of your Lenovo?

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
Where do I find it

jctservice :
Actually, we may not need it, so for now, lets proceed with out it. Most levovos will be the same

So you want your Lenovo back to the way it came when new, correct?

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
Yes. It's a little older

jctservice :
OK, and you understand this will erase everything on your computer, right?

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
Yes! But what is everything

jctservice :
all your files, pictures, etc.
just your files stored on the computer

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
Ok. Will it be able to get online?
If so, lets do it! Thanks

jctservice :
Great... you are on a different computer chatting, right

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
I am on my ipad

jctservice :
And yes, after the process, you will still be able to get online -- you will have to re-connect to your wireless network if you use wireless

On the Lenovo, turn it completely off

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
Done

jctservice :
ok, press the power button, and immediately begin repeatedly pressing F11 key

That should bring up recover mode, and you should see 'windows is loading file"

the screen will briefly flash "launching the recovery utility" at the very bottom

before the windows is loading files message

once you see "launching recover" or "windows is loading files" you no longer need to press F11

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
It says welcome to think vantage rescue and recovery. I have to either push quick restore, full restore or rescue files, which one do I do?

jctservice :
You will want a Full Restore
The process will take a little while to complete once started

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
Ok

jctservice :
Still restoring?

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
Yes A little longer I think

jctservice :
Restore Complete?

JACUSTOMER-7gq49o9x- :
Thank you!!! You were a great help, and I didn't lose anything, I just rebooted from a last save point. And I didn't even know! So thanks again!!!

jctservice :
If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a great day!

jctservice, Consultant
Experience: I'm an experienced IT systems administrator and engineer.
Restart the device and press F11 repeatedly on startup.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.