Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I have an Acer Aspire 5517 laptop. The wireless connection

I have an Acer Aspire 5517 laptop. The wireless connection isn't working. Diagnostics say adaptors are working ok and I have the right drivers. Troubleshooting says that wireless is capability is disabled. How do I enable this? It had been working.

Please check at the left, right, and front sides of your laptop to see if there is a wireless/satellite button/switch to turn on/off the wireless; also check at the top of the keyboard if needed. If it does not work, or if there is no wireless switch, please press at the same time the two keys Fn and the wireless icon key (which is located at one of the function keys from F1 to F12) to turn on/off the wireless.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,