Juliene McKesson
Juliene McKesson, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  M.S. in Information Security & Assurance
69477759

How do you get back direct messages that have been deleted

How do you get back direct messages that have been deleted?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Juliene McKesson replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you. I need a bit more information as to where the files are located. If it's just files on your computer that you've accidently deleted, then you can use this program and it will recover any of the files that can be recovered. The same goes for any email that was on your computer in a email program.

Please download this program, double click on the icon to install and do a full scan. From the window you can see the files that it can recover and reclaim them. This is a free program and runs on Window machines. The download is in the upper right hand corner.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva

If you have a different type of system or if you are trying to recover different files, please respond to me by clicking on "Respond to Expert" so we can continue.

Thanks, Juliene

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to recover deleted direct messages from twitter.

Hi Emily, thank you for that information. I know you don't want to hear this but DMs on Twitter cannot be undone or recovered. If you're missing DMs then it could be that the other person may have deleted on their end. There is currently a bug where some DMs are not showing up, Twitter says that those DMs are still in a database and they will fix this as soon as possible. Again, I'm sorry that it is not at this moment possible to recover your DMs. Hopefully in the future Twitter will make this an option. If you have any further questions or need further assistance, please respond. Juliene

Note: Per the new site policies I am required to reply with an Answer, however, you can still reply to me. Using the rating policy, you are rating my courtesy and professionalism and not anything beyond my control. Please remember to rate me 3 to 5 smiley faces/stars so that I may get credit, if not the site keeps all deposits, because I am not an employee. I appreciate your patience on this matter.

Experience: M.S. in Information Security & Assurance
Hi Emily,
Just a follow up on the question you posted and to personally thank you for allowing me to assist you. Should you even need anything else, just ask for me by name in the subject line. I will be notified in less than 5 minutes. Thanks, Juliene