Juliene McKesson
Juliene McKesson, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  M.S. in Information Security & Assurance

How to get back deleted direct messages?

How do you get back direct messages that have been deleted?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I need a bit more information as to where the files are located. If it's just files on your computer that you've accidentally deleted, then you can use this program and it will recover any of the files that can be recovered. The same goes for any email that was on your computer in a email program.

Please download this program, double click on the icon to install and do a full scan. From the window you can see the files that it can recover and reclaim them. This is a free program and runs on Window machines. The download is in the upper right hand corner.

If you have a different type of system or if you are trying to recover different files, please respond to me by clicking on "Respond to Expert" so we can continue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to recover deleted direct messages from twitter.

Thank you for that information. I know you don't want to hear this but DMs on Twitter cannot be undone or recovered. If you're missing DMs then it could be that the other person may have deleted on their end. There is currently a bug where some DMs are not showing up, Twitter says that those DMs are still in a database and they will fix this as soon as possible. Again, I'm sorry that it is not at this moment possible to recover your DMs. Hopefully in the future Twitter will make this an option. If you have any further questions or need further assistance, please respond.