Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

The weather app on my Yahoo homepage is not working proper

The weather app on my Yahoo homepage is not working properly.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Your not seeing this section.

1. Click the Add link in the My Saved Locations module to add new locations.
  2. In the search box, enter a city name, or location name which you are looking for. You would see the list of matching results.
  3. If you find the city you are looking for, click on Add button next to it.

Note: Currently, only the first ten cities listed will appear on the My Saved Locations module.

If you dont see it.. Try it this way.

graphic

Remove locations: Mouse over the city, and you'll see a red X. Click the red X icon to remove the location.

If neither of these steps help you, please send me a message and let me know, and I will continue to assist you as needed.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the submit button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to submit your rating and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

You can get back to me on this same question, the same way you have been doing.. Just send me a reply.

Or..

Log into JustAnswer.com, then on the Top right, click on my questions

Then, click the "reply to expert" next to my face..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dustin,

I use to be able to click on the Options tab in the drop down menu at the top of the Weather window. I could go to Settings and add and remove cities. That is not the way the Settings link works now. I clicked on Weather at the top of the Weather window. When I click on the box that says City, State, Zip Code, I get a drop down menu that has a Manage Locations. I have worked in that area but I'm not doing something correctly. I only have 4 locations showing at this time. When I try to add my last two locations, they are added at the top of the list or not added at all. I have always used the Weather app to check the weather in 5 places we have lived or where family lives. I have not been able to get the towns in the order of importance and that annoys me too. Why is the Option tab not working like it has for years for me?

Nancy

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nancy.. My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Id like to have a look at what your seeing on screen exactly, and whats happening. We can do this through a screen share session. It will take me about 30 minutes to catch up on the rest of the replies I need to send today, before I can devote time to a remote session.

If you would like to try a screen share session then please send me a reply and we will schedule a time that works for us both, so we can connect.

Thanks for your patience Nancy,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dustin, I'm willing to screen share. Hope you can get this problem corrected for me. Thanks, Nancy

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Im hoping we can as well..

Ok, to get connected Nancy, please click the link below.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=8dc93460-1669-4ede-8a39-adbbae68ee9e&SUPPORT=NET

accept the remote support terms.. Then, install the software.. If your antivirus asks you to allow it, please do so.

Once installed, make sure to click join on the software.

then send me a reply here saying " I have joined"
Or, Im having issues downloading, installing, joining.

Thanks!
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for helping me to understand how this app works now.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome Nancy.. Was my pleasure.

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

Make sure to ask the question through the box on my page, and also, Start it with For D.Sandlin Only

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-dsandlin/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm getting a window that says it is waiting on the other party but I have not been asked to join yet. Maybe it's done. Don't know.

Nancy

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
When we finished up.. I cancelled the session from my end.

When that window pops up, right click the box icon with the red and grey boxes

Then click exit.

That will stop that window from popping up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There isn't a window popping up; but, thanks for the heads up. If it pops up, I'll know what to do. Thanks!!