Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.

How do I acces the RAM on an ASUS Eee PC Flare series notebook?

Customer Question

How do I acces the RAM on an ASUS Eee PC Flare series notebook? There appears to be no Access except for the 4 screws in the battery compartment?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for contacting I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

Can you give me the exact model number of your Asus laptop?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Changing the memory slots on the particular model is a little more difficult then on most laptops.

You will need to remove the case to get to the memory. To best see how it's done watch the video provided on how to get to the memory slots.

Click here>>Opening ASUS

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cannot open Steaming video at my place of work(Ship) and we will not be in port for another 10 days. I recently replaced my DC adaptor on my HP, so I feel confident about doing the same here. Perhaps you could explain it, include any precautions/tricks? An exploded diagram would be fantastic! George

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Remove the battery then remove the 2 screws behind the battery on the laptop.

In the center of the laptop on the back there is a square rubber piece. Remove the piece and you will see another screw. Remove the screw as well, not you will have to remove the housing from the bottom of the laptop.

You can use a credit card to pry the sides and work your way around the laptop to open it.

Once it's open you will have access to the memory dimms on the laptop. You can release the sides to remove the sticks and replace. Put the laptop back together as well as the screws.

Let me know how you make out.
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Hi George,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,