Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional
8287049

Can I disable or uninstall Microsof Skydive if so how?

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Are you looking to stop using skydrive for email attachments or something else?

Please explain what is going on that you would like to stop.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I simply wish to keep my photos myself. Skydrive grabs my photos wherever I have them. I want "My photos" to operate exactly as "My photos did in OS XP.

That way I can edit or send them to wherever at my leisure. I have separate editing software installed

Thank you for the question. You should be able to remove SkyDrive by doing the following:

1) Click Start
2) Type "Add Remove Programs" and select the option that says Add Remove Programs
3) Locate SkyDrive in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall
4) Locate Microsoft Silverlight and click Uninstall

Restart your computer and SkyDrive should stop pulling photos from your My Photos folder.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That is the obvious way to remove Skydive. However Skydive is not listed in the list of programs shown. I have tried all the obvious ways to remove it without success. I feel it is going to need a change to the registry. Can you help me do that?

Can you confirm whether you've uninstalled Silverlight too? Removing SkyDrive does not require a registry change.
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Engineer and Support Professional
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have now uninstalled Silverlight and it still does not fix the problem. You see, when the photo appears in the EMAIL, it is accompanied by other words and a blank square and a message telling me my photo will be available on Skydive until a certain date in the future. Can I send you an email to demonstrate the problem?

Can you provide the email text here? Also please let me know what email you are using and how you access it? For example, Hotmail from the web. Windows Live Mail through outlook, etc..? Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am using Windows Live Mail through IE.

To send you a sample of the problem I think I would need an email address to send it to.

Just a moment please. I am going to install SkyDrive on one of my machines again to see about the removal process.
Thanks for waiting. On my machine, I can uninstall SkyDrive through Add/Remove Programs. If it's already gone there on your system, you should be able to disable SkyDrive by just removing the application folder under the following folder:

C:\Users\<your username here>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\SkyDrive
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I might not be competant to do this. My computer keeps telling me it does not recognise my user name.

My name is Peter and that is what I use. Can you help or suggest something else

If you are on Windows 7, just do the following:

1) Click Start
2) Type C:\Users
3) You should see your username there as one of the folders. Double-click it
4) Double-Click the "AppData" folder
5) Double-Click the "Local" folder
6) Double-Click the "Microsoft" folder
7) Right-click the "SkyDrive" folder and select "Delete".
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for that explation.- I will try it a little later and inform you of the result.

Your suggestion is by far the best I have received so far and looks promising.

I am unable to do it immediately. Regards, Peter

Sure, no problem. Let me know how you make out!