How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Frederick S. Your Own Question
Frederick S.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 8694
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Frederick S. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am working on a word document. Somehow I clicked on the wrong

This answer was rated:

I am working on a word document. Somehow I clicked on the wrong key for the next line of type and I get the type in red underlined. How do I get rid of this to go back to regular usage without this showing up.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you! Do not forget to rate my answer quality before you go. Let's get started!

Please help me understand exactly what's going on here.

Are you saying you don't want misspelled words showing up when you type?

Or is there another type of 'red line' showing up underneath text? What version of Word are you using -- 2003, 2007, or 2010?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you call me for the price I am paying for this service. I will let you in to look at the document. Better for you to view what I am having fit trying to correct on this word document. You can call me collect if necessary at XXX-XXX-XXXX

I promise you that isn't necessary. Can you please tell me what version so I can provide you an answer to your question within 60 seconds after that? Thanks.

I've received no response from you, so I will provide you with instructions for all three versions.

Additionally, this is an online Expert advice site; I'm prohibited from calling you. Here's the answer to your question.

Word 2003:

On the Tools menu, click Track Changes.

That will turn it off.

Word 2007:

When you turn off change tracking, you can revise the document without marking what has changed. Turning off the Track Changes feature does not remove any changes that have already been tracked.
To remove tracked changes, use the Accept and Reject commands on the Review tab in the Changes group.
On the Review tab, in the Tracking group, click the Track Changes icon:


Word 2010:

To turn Track Changes off, on the Review tab, in the Tracking group, click the Track Changes button (the paper & pencil with the healthy orange glow, pictured below). Here's the relevant piece of Word real estate:

If your document contains tracked changes, like this:


and you want to get rid of them, on the Review tab, in the Changes group, you can Accept or Reject each change or All Changes in Document:


Thanks; be sure to rate me positively.

Frederick S. and 7 other Computer Specialists are ready to help you
Hi there

Thanks so much for checking out the answer that I provided to you.

I see no rating was received; what was the technical problem preventing you from rating me?


Related Computer Questions