Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I cant make picture manager my default program. How do I do

I can't make picture manager my default program. How do I do it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you! Do not forget to rate my answer quality before you go. Let's get started!

Happy to help

Just to confirm --

Do you want to make the Office Picture Manager your default viewer, or do you want to make the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer your default?

Are you able to locate the program in Start menu --> All Programs --> Microosft Office?

Please reply back below; thanks.

FS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I do want to make the Office Picture Manager my default viewer. Yes I can locate the program in start menu - All Programs - Microsoft Office - tools - MS Picture Manager.

OK; please try this for me:

RIGHT-click on the photo that you want to open up with Picture Manager

Select Open With...

Pick Select default program...

Then pick Microsoft Picture Manager

Then make sure the bottom box "Always use this selected program" is checked and click OK.

Thank you.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience: Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Frederick

I select open with and then default program but Microsoft picture manager is not offered as an option - some of the other programs used for photo editing are available but not picture manager. That's the one I want because it is the easiest to use. Neal

Did you also click to expand the lower portion of programs in addition to the common programs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I did - but picture manager was not offered

OK
In the list of programs you can Open with --> Select default program, do you see just "Microsoft Office 2010"? If so, please select it -- that should launch Picture Manager.
If not, is that the version of Office you're using?
Please go to Help --> Detect and Repair (within Picture Manager), then try to make it the default again; thank you.
FS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks all fixed - that was great