ITTechChris
ITTechChris, Technician
Experience:  6+ years of professional experience as a IT Technician
63401584

failed continuity check to 6rd br on VersaLink Model B90-755025-15

failed continuity check to 6rd br on VersaLink Model B90-755025-15 . How do I correct this problem.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer/Pearl, the highest ranked third party Q & A site in the world.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX am a professional technician here to provide you with the best Answer possible.

* Please remember to leave only a Positive 4/5 Rating on my performance when you are satisfied.

I need more info about your question.

Are you trying to connect a computer to the router? If so, what is the operating system?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Existing computer/router. As Previously stated... OS is Win 7..64bit ... Starting about a month ago, Using AT&T DSL, (without ANY internal wiring..hardware...software..settings changes} I started being disconnected from the service more often than the "usual shit happens" disconnects. When I run a "test connection" using the AT&T software" for the modem, I continuously get the "failed continuity check to 6rd br" error message. Now the error message in the test, very well might be a "typical ghost" type message and have nothing at all to do with the disconnects in the service... as I never paid much attention to the tests previously to the recent continuous disconnects I'm having. AT&T's techs came out.. said there was a burried splice problem.. Then No, it was "bridge tap" ... then NO.... it's "Noise".. etc etc etc. Got a tech here now just so happens. At times. I receive other "Failed" error messages when running the test... sometimes "ping" test..sometimes loss of DSL .. etc. it varies. (Personally, I believe they have a burried splice that is leaking... btw I'm a retired telco engineer of 20 years....and since they have their new "baby" .. U-Verse.. which is not avail to me here... in the works..and consuming their budget, they just refuse to dump any more maintenance dollars on this old dsl service/facilities. Yet. For me personally. I just wanted to cross the T's and dot my I's... and insure that either the failed continuity test.. ie:failed continuity check to 6rd br... IS or IS NOT a symptom/cause of my increasing disconnects with them prior to changing ISPs...Service or dumping AT&T for their competitor's products. Thanks

I personally have dealt with this problem as well.

The splice problem was in result of over 5 trips of electricians coming out and the issue came down to be a cable down the street needed to be repaired, the splice cable in the property had to be troubleshooted and a new wire had to been threaded.

As far as you doing anything, you will have to tell them about it, making sure to tell them that it's their side and you've done nothing to cause this problem. So you should be charged free for them to come out and fix it.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Please press the 4,5 number/Smiley Face button by My answer(s) to show and rate that I have helped you for that is the only way I am compensated for my work. Giving a bonus is always appreciated.

After pressing a Smiley Face/4 or 5 button, you can still post replies on this Q&A thread for any of your post-concerns. If you still have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay, you've told me about your nightmare with your service...fine...yet YOU NEVER ANSWERED my original question! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE CONTINUITY ON 6rd BR? Test? WHAT IS IT...WHAT DOES IT MEAN... WHAT IS IT ACTUALLY TESTING...ETC?

6RD is short for IPv6 Rapid Deployment over IPv4.

It does provides a mechanism for deploying some IPv6 networks over some existing IPv4 infrastructure.

BR stands for Border Relay, since you have IPv6 connectivity already you should have no need for 6RD.

If you do have a full set of passes at test-ipv6.com, you are one of the lucky who have an ISP and router that supports the IPv6. All Windows based computer since support IPv6 out of the box. What can be missing in most cases are the ISP, routers and content providers. Since a few ago, a small number of content providers have permanently enabled IPv6 connections to their systems.

Thanks,
Chris