Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I cannot open my links in Windows Live Mail I get the following

I cannot open my links in Windows Live Mail I get the following message, I sure hope you can help, I am a senior and everyone else wants me to buy their computer fix it programs and when I do they don't fix this program problem thank you

this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association with the default programs control panel.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you! Do not forget to rate my answer quality before you go. Let's get started!

Please close your e-mail program, then download this Fix-It utility from Microsoft:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9726441

Once downloaded, please go ahead and run it, then once it's done, please open your e-mail program up and links should finally work properly.

Let me know how it goes – I will be standing by; thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it seems to have worked, how come I couldn't have just done that from the microsoft site, I was there from 9am to 2:00 this afternoon and I never found it

Hi there Leslie

I'm not sure, but I'm glad it worked for you, and I'm glad I prevented you from using any more of your time this Labor Day Weekend trying to solve it :)

Be sure to rate me positively at this time; thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you,

You're welcome; have an outstanding remainder of your weekend!

(No reply required)

FS