Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Can I upgrade ASus amd c_60 APU with Radeon(tm) Hd Graphics

Can I upgrade ASus amd c_60 APU with Radeon(tm) Hd Graphics 1.00GHJZ
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

You can try to remove some startup programs from the computer to speed it up a bit: click Start, then type msconfig and press Enter. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer, and check.

If needed, go to msconfig again, then click on the Services tab and check the box at Hide all Microsoft services near the bottom. Then uncheck all the services, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer and check.

Also, make sure you have an antivirus/security program installed on the laptop.

If needed, back up your files, then do full disk check:

1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.

2. Right-click the C: drive, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now. Then check both boxes and click on Start, and confirm, then restart the computer.

I'm sorry, I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but unfortunately, unlike a desktop, you cannot upgrade the graphics card on a laptop as it is too small, so the graphics card is built into the motherboard. If you need higher-end graphics card, you would have to get a new laptop.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.