Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Acer laptop screen does not display. No light, nothing just

Acer laptop screen does not display. No light, nothing just a black screen. Laptop boots up no problem, lights flickering sounds okay. Just no display.
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Please answer all these questions 1 to 4 point by point.

1. When you press the power button to turn it on, do you see any thing on screen, like the Acer boot up screen or something like that. Or is it completely blank (black color) always.

2. Can you see a faint image of your desktop (try to see it in dark place with flash light). This is important to confirm.

3. Also, when you press power button, do you see the LED lights on laptop blinking or solid green (which ones are in blinking/solid) and do hear any sound ? Or do you feel that your laptop doesnt even try to boot.

4. Can you hear any Beeps when you try to turn on the computer. If yes, what is the sequence of those beeps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Q1- Completely blank- black- no lights.

Q2- No - cannot see a faint image.

Q3- Yes- LED light is blinking, satelite light is blinking.

Q4- No beeps however do hear windows music sound as usual when booting up the computer.

Hi, Thank you for the information.

Please do the following carefully and let me know result :
1. Shutdown and Unplug your laptop.
2. Remove the battery from the laptop.
3. Wait 2-3 minutes
4. Now press ON (power button on laptop) for 1 minute
5. Then release the finger and wait one more minute.
6. Now plug in the power cable (dont insert battery yet) and press ON button.
7. Did your screen start working now ? (do you see windows loading)

Let me know how it goes. Do you see any change in LEDs on/blinking.

Let me know result via REPLY TO EXPERT button
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The screen did not start working. Led is still is blonking.

This can happen because of these reasons :
1. Your display (LCD Screen) has gone bad and needs to be replaced.
2. The cable connecting the motherboard and the display has a crack or is loose.
3. The graphics chipset (on motherboard) has issues.

Connect an external monitor to this laptop and if that works fine then issue 3 can be ruled out.
Note: After you plug in external monitor, you might need to press Fn + FX (X =1 to 12) keys to toggle to external monitor. FX is one of the Function keys.

This is not a software problem and needs repair/replacement of the malfunctioning part.

If laptop is in warranty contact Acer for free repair. Else take a quote from few shops and then get it repaired.

I am very sorry for giving you bad news, but unfortunately this is the only honest answer.

Let me know if you need further information via the REPLY TO EXPERT button

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with 3to5 stars / Smiley face so that I get credited for my answer from this website.

Thanks and take care!