Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

My computer has error F3-F100-0010. What does this mean and

Customer Question

My computer has error F3-F100-0010. What does this mean and how can it be fixed? Will there be any way to save my data?

Thanks,
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

You are receiving this error as the computer boots up correct?

Can you please tell me the make and model of the computer?

Also let me know when this started and if you were experiencing any other issues like a virus attack or something like that.

Thank You
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Toshiba Satellite L755-S5153.

I receive the error as soon as the computer boots up.

This started yesterday. I had a virus attack within the past two weeks that was fixed.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
There could be a range of issues at work here so we may need to try a few things. Lets start with the simplest one and work our way up.

This could be due to hardware failure in the computer or it could be due to damage that the virus has caused.

Can you let me know if you have back ups of the data on the computer because a restore may be an option however it will cause you to lose your data?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have backups of most but not all of the data. I would prefer to restore if possible.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am going to provide you with two potential answers. Please note that this error could be due to a failing hard drive and if that is the problem you will need to take it to a repair shop to have the hard drive replaced if you cannot do the repair yourself.

First let's make sure it is not just a hiccup that we can clear easily.

Please unplug the power to the computer and remove the battery.

Once you have done this I would like you to press and hold down the power button for 20 seconds.

Now let the computer sit unplugged with the battery removed for 10-15 minutes.

After that time has passed plug in the power adapter but leave the battery out.

Now press and hold the power button until the laptop turns on.

At this time hopefully it will boot as normal.

If it does not than you can run the laptops restore utility.

Make sure the computer is OFF and the adapter is plugged in.

Turn the Computer on and press F12 when the Toshiba screen displays

You should get to a boot menu

Use the arrow keys to choose HDD Recovery and press enter

You should see a warning screen, click yes to continue

When the recovery wizard opens choose Recovery of factory default software with users data and click next. This will attempt to save your personal files as well as restore the computer, it is not guaranteed though. Make sure that if there are files on this computer that you must have you do not continue as you may lose them.

Next you will receive another warning, click yes to continue

When the recovery is done click finish and your computer will restart and hopefully the issue will be solved.

If you still need help, please do not mark poor or bad service, instead just Reply back and let me know, we'll continue right away!

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but this was not that helpful as I don't know where the battery is. I'm not a computer tech. I'm going to take the computer back to Staples for them to fix as this is too complicated for me.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry if that was not helpful, I tried to make the instructions as easy as I could.

Computers are complicated so sometimes it is best to let a professional do the work for you.

If you decide you would like to try yourself please let me know and I will tell you how to remove the battery.

Thank You
-Chris