Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP

I keep getting a pop-up, "Realtek HD Audio Manager" This occurs

I keep getting a pop-up, "Realtek HD Audio Manager" This occurs when I am on-line and off-line? I paid $100 to PC Cleaners Pro in June, 2012. Supposedly, they cleaned my pc of some nasty stuff which caused it to operate slow. How do I get rid of Realtek HD Audio Manager from interrupting other programs? I have Windows XP, Home edition, 3.07 GHz.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

We can disable the Realtek Audio Manager from starting up with Windows. This should prevent the screen from appearing randomly, but will still allow you to use it when needed. Here is what I want you to do:

1. Click Start -> Run.
  2. In the Run window, type msconfig and click OK. This will open the System Configuration utility.
  3. Click on the Startup tab.
  4. Look for the Realtek HD Audio Manager entry (may be labeled RTHDCPL.EXE).
  5. CLEAR the checkbox for that entry.
  6. Click OK to save your changes.
  7. Reboot when prompted.
  8. When the computer comes back up, you will get a message about using the System Configuration utility. Check the box to disable the message and then close it by clicking on the X.

Let me know if that doesn't take care of your problem by clicking the Reply to Expert buttons. If it does correct the Realtek issue please take a moment to rate my service. You can back here after the reboot by going to and clicking on My Questions in the upper right corner. Thanks so much!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. So far, no pop-up.
Right on! There should not be anymore, but definitely let me know if it comes back. You can always get back to this question by clicking on the My Questions link on the Just Answer home page. No need to open another question. Thanks!