James Chittenden
James Chittenden, Software Engineer
Experience:  13+ years in software industry as programmer and IT expert.

error 0210: stuck key, how can I solve this problem Erlin

Customer Question

error 0210: stuck key, how can I solve this problem
Category: Computer
Expert:  James Chittenden replied 4 years ago.

James Chittenden :

Hi, my name is James and I'd be happy to help you out with your question!

James Chittenden :

Just one moment as I look into your problem...thanks for your patience.

James Chittenden :

Hi, I actually had a similar issue a while back with my laptop...

James Chittenden :

I got the 0210 stuck key error on a Lenovo Thinkpad, pc would not bootup, ect.

James Chittenden :

First of all, let's make sure keyboard is connected and cleaned with aircan.

James Chittenden :

Then, when the computer is booting up, press via F1 on startup, then go to CONFIG then to Keyboard/Mouse and disable the TrackPoint (hopefully you have one?).

James Chittenden :

Hi, are you still online?

James Chittenden :

More specifically, to get rid of this error when trying to install Windows 7, when your computer haults and says press F1, press it. That will take you into your computer's CMOS/BIOS. It usually has a light blue background. Navigation is usually with the cursor keys, page up and down keys, etc. Navigate through the BIOS and look for something stating "Disable Keyboard Errors" Not all BIOS's have this option. So, if you go through each page and can't find it, then it probably doesn't exist.

If after you press F1 to enter the BIOS, and can't find anything about "Disable Keyboard Errors", you indicated you can press ESC and the system continues to boot. >>!!AS SOON!!<< AS YOU PRESS THE ESC KEY, START PRESSING F8 AS MANY TIMES AND AS FAST AS YOU CAN! A black screen should appear with a small menu, one option of which states Safe Mode.

Select this option and hit Enter.

James Chittenden :

You then should be able to start up and be able to install Windows 7.

James Chittenden :

Let me know if you have any questions!! :)

Hi Erling!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please let me know and I'm happy to provide you with more assistance if you need it!

If I was able to provide you with a positive outcome, please give me a positive rating. If you ever have another computer question, feel free to contact me directly via my profile page: .

Thanks for your business!!

I wanted to follow-up with you and make sure and close the loop on your question you posted?

If you're question has not been resolved yet, please let me know how I can further assist so we can find a quick resolution.

If it HAS been completed, please feel free to click "Accept Answer" and provide me an honest rating of my service :).

I hope to hear from you soon!