Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

my cursor moves, but it does not let me click on anything on

Customer Question

my cursor moves, but it does not let me click on anything on the web. I can click on everything else in the computer, but no links or anything on the web. What do i need to do to fix it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  TaylorTech replied 2 years ago.

TaylorTech :

Hiya, My name is Mike and will be assisting you with your issue today. I will help you to the best of my ability.

TaylorTech :

First I would like to test to see if this is a browser problem

Customer :

ok

TaylorTech :

Could you please open internet explorer for me and see if you get the same problem within that one?

Customer :

i use firefox, i dont have internet explorer downloaded..have tried to download it in the past but it hasnt worked..

TaylorTech :

OK no problem

TaylorTech :

Please can you download Google Chrome for me and install it

TaylorTech :

I will give you a link to it

Customer :

ok

TaylorTech :

Hopefully it will work ok

TaylorTech :

Click this link and then click accept and install please

TaylorTech :

If you are unable to complete this because this link will not open due to your issue I will find another way

Customer :

ok it is installing..

TaylorTech :

Very good, thanks very much

Customer :

ok i installedit, but i cannot open it

TaylorTech :

It will not let you open from the icon on the desktop?

Customer :

nope

TaylorTech :

Ok, this is very strange behavior indeed

TaylorTech :

Can you click on your start button for me

Customer :

ok

TaylorTech :

In the search box type in

TaylorTech :

CHROME

TaylorTech :

when it comes up on search, try to open it from there please instead

Customer :

i can click on it, but nothing happens

TaylorTech :

ok, please could you think as hard as you can if you have been experiencing anything else that is strange on your computer

TaylorTech :

Examples are

TaylorTech :

Has your computer slowed down compared to before this happened?

Customer :

not really, it was working fine until i downloaded yahoo messenger. I uninstalled messenger to see if that would help, but it hasnt

TaylorTech :

When did you install messenger?

Customer :

last night

TaylorTech :

I think what we should try is rolling back your system to a date and time which is BEFORE the problem started

Customer :

ok

TaylorTech :

Please dont fear all your setting will remain in tact and it will only change back the system settings

TaylorTech :

I will give you instructions

Customer :

ok

TaylorTech :

Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your PC.

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

TaylorTech :

Please save this page to your favorites so you can get back to me without porblems

TaylorTech :

Also if that fails, you can check your email for a link to this page!

TaylorTech :

Im sending this just in case you have a problem getting back to me which will generate an email for you to get back to me