Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

There is information on google regarding an arrest which has

There is information on google regarding an arrest which has been nolle/dismissed. I contacted the newspaper and sent them the official court documents and they removed the arrest from police blotter. They said that the listing on Google should fall off however, if someone "clicks" on it, the arrest wont show up in their newspaper.

Will it drop off Google? If so, how long will it take?

Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you! Do not forget to rate my answer quality before you go. Let's get started!

Happy to help

That's correct. It sounds like it's just in the cached copy of the results.

You'll need a Google account to get it requested to be removed, and it will typically be removed within 24-48 hours.

1. Click this link --> Google public URL removal tool.
  2. Click New removal request.
  3. Type the URL of the webpage that's been changed (not the Google search results URL or cached page URL). The URL is case-sensitive—use exactly the same characters and capitalization that the site uses. (How to find the right URL.)
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Type a word that appears on the out-of-date cached version of the page, but not anywhere on the live version. This is to help Google understand that the page has changed.

It’s often more effective to type a single word rather than a phrase. Don’t describe the removed content or the changes made; instead, explicitly provide a word that was in the old version but is missing from the new. In this case, don’t tell us that "my name has been removed'; instead, type your actual name ("Sylvia") as it appears in the cached version.

1. Click Remove cache.

Thanks!

Let me know should you have further questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what does cached version mean?
Cached means that when you perform a search, the text you see in the search results is cached -- otherwise Google would have to load every web site to present to you with the relevant text every time, and everyone would have to wait a long time for their search results. So instead, Google keeps cached (stored) copies of the text on web sites, and that's what you're seeing on the search results.

Thanks, Bill.

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

If this doesn't work, what other options do I have?
It will work, Bill. As long as the content isn't on the page anymore, it will work, 100% guaranteed.

Thanks, Bill.

FS
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience: Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Frederick - this worked briefly, however, it continues to show up on search engines, specifically Google. Is there anything else i can do?

Thanks - Bill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
it worked at first, but then the cached version still shows... what else can be done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - Bill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - Bill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Frederick, I tried this and it worked for a little while, however, the cached version will keep coming back.

You said it will work 100% of the time and I believe you, I'm curious what I should/could do differently so that it doesnt come back - thank you.

Expert:  Frederick S. replied 1 year ago.
If it keeps showing up that means its back on those web sites. A removal request only affects that one specific page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the page no longer has the information regarding the arrest, the newspaper took it off their site. I put the URL in and then put info that is in the cached link and not the live page..what should I do?
Can you link me to the page?

And I'm sorry for not replying to you sooner. I'm no longer active on the site but wanted to make sure you got your follow up questions resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pleas type: William XXXXXX Fairfield CT arrest into google. You will see Marshalls arrest and below my name and charge. If you click on it, there is no information about it on XXXXXXXXXXXX because charges were dismissed and XXXXXXXX took it off their site. I'd like to get the URL off that says my name and charges. I understand you are busy, and I appreciate your help.

Hi there

Are these the links you're referring to:

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
OK; the URLs seemed to redirect. I went ahead and submitted a total of four various URLs. Hopefully that takes care of it within 24 hours. If so, be sure to rate my service; thank you. If not, please reply back.

FS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent- I will look over the next few days and let you know. Thank you so much for your time and expertise.
You're welcome. Have a good evening.

FS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It also shows up if you type in google: William XXXXXX XXXXXXX Would you please try to get that off as well? Thank you.

Hi there

The issue with that result, the outside.in result, is that it actually has the name William on that web page.

Unfortunately, Google can't remove that result -- yet. However, I did send an email directly to the company asking that they remove that "tag" on their site, and if they agree to that, then I can request that Google remove that page as well, since it won't exist any longer.

But that's entirely dependent on their cooperation.

FS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for taking the initiative to contact google. I truly appreciate your help.
You're welcome!

FS
Hi there

I see the other page was removed but outside.in is refusing to cooperate so far in un-linking the tag/slug from your name.

Thanks.

Since you already revoked payment to me, I'd appreciate it if you again credited me for my time.

FS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is outside.in? I looked on google/bing and yahoo and I don't see anything with my name and the arrest. Is that correct?

Thank you.
That was one of the web sites that had info listed about you.

You may rate me at this time.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist