Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP

I have Samsung Syncmaster SA350 monitor. It stopped working

Customer Question

I have Samsung Syncmaster SA350 monitor. It stopped working suddenly and I cannot see the monitor recognizing any signal from the computer. What is wrong with this and what should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Erik B. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is Erik and I will be happy to assist you.

Do you have the ability to connect the monitor to another computer? Or hook another monitor to that computer? Basically we need to make sure it isn't a configuration issue or video card issue on the computer...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, I did. the computer is fine. The monitor did not work with another computer either.
Expert:  Erik B. replied 4 years ago.
OK so the monitor turns on, but no picture. Do you even see the message advising that no input is detected, or does the monitor just stay completely dark?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It looks like it tries to detect. It shows that it looks for few seconds either for HDMI signal input or analog. Then it goes to blank dark screen.
Expert:  Erik B. replied 4 years ago.
OK in that case the LCD panel is fine. This means the issue is with the input board on the monitor. If you are handy with a screwdriver you can purchase just the board and replace it:

However if it were me I would probably think about getting another 24" monitor. The prices have come down a lot recently:

Please let me know if you need any clarification or want to ask any more questions about the Samsung by using the Reply to Expert link. Otherwise if you are satisfied please take a moment to rate my service. Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry, I found a better answer on free internet.
Expert:  Erik B. replied 4 years ago.
OK have a good weekend. I will forward this question to customer service. Thanks.