i have windows 7 professional i need to know how to save my programs in compatibility mode is this a simple thing windows does? do i have to tell windows to do this?does my old software do? i am totally at loss with this thing thanks for any suggestions. im a home user of this machine and am beginning to think i made a big mistake buying this machine the old xp worked so well for me and this thing is scattered all over the placeagain thank yoyBoyd Smith
Computer OS: Windows 7
It's done through shortcuts...
1. Right-click the application shortcut or the application icon to open the menu.
2. Click Properties from the menu that appears.
The Properties dialog box for the selected appplication will open.
3. Click to activate the Compatibility tab in the Properties dialog box.
4. Add a check mark to Run this program in compatibility mode for:
5. Click the drop-down menu containing the list of Windows operating systems and choose the operating system you wish to use from the list.
Note: Choose the operating system that the application you are trying to launch in Windows 7 previously worked with. I would also click the run as administrator box as well.
6. Click OK to save the changes.
When you are ready, double-click the application icon or shortcut to launch the application in compatibility mode. If the application fails to launch or launches with errors, try some of the other operating system modes available or the .
When compatibility mode fails to successfully launch the application I then try some of the disable settings like disable visual themes ets, or try the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find out what is causing the application to fail starting.
Let me know if you run into any trouble...
Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....