Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  6 Years Hardware Support. I break them so i can fix them

I am using citrix to access the veterans affairs CPRS. I can

Customer Question

I am using citrix to access the veterans affairs CPRS. I can log in and see the applications but when i click the CPRS icon, CPRS doesn't launch. I didn't previously have this problem. I am using windows 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 1 year ago.

Waitongu2 :

Hello

Waitongu2 :

When is the last time this icon worked?

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I last used this program about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine then. I can access the application through the web gateway but CPRS and the full desktop and other programs don't open/launch when I click the icons.

Waitongu2 :

Does it download the .ica launcher file?

Customer:

NO, how would i do that?

Waitongu2 :

please explain to me how you get to the citrix client desktop

Waitongu2 :

rather explain to me how you did it 3 weeks ago

Customer:

I go the web adress https://vareast.vpn.va.gov/vpn/index.html, enter my user name and password XXXXX it takes me to the application for remote acess to the virtual desktop and applications

Waitongu2 :

What happens when you try now?

Customer:

I haven't change anything, still doesn't launch. Should I try to download the ica launcher?

Waitongu2 :

I dont think you have the option to

Waitongu2 :

I have tried the link and it takes me to the login page

Waitongu2 :

Have you tried the Support email or phone to see if they have an issue going on/

Waitongu2 :

?

Waitongu2 :

If you have any further questions regarding Citrix Remote Access and associated resources, please contact the VA Service Desk at 1-800-877-4328 Option 1 or via email XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Waitongu2 :

I would check for you but they will not give me any information

Customer:

They were no help when I called them yesterday. They only were concerned about whether I could log in or not

Waitongu2 :

mmhh

Waitongu2 :

which browser do you have?

Customer:

IE 8

Waitongu2 :

Do you have another browser?

Customer:

I also tried accessing through firefox with same result

Waitongu2 :

We can try resetting IE

Waitongu2 :

Do you want to try that?

Customer:

What does that involve?

Customer:

I also searched and found a shareware site that have a free download of the ica launcher

Waitongu2 :

I can get you the Citric plugin

Customer:

ok

Waitongu2 :

Citrix plugin but it only helps if you have a download of extension .ica that you are unable to open

Waitongu2 :

Do you have this?

Customer:

I searchedmy computer files and saw that that there was file with .ica extension there. I clicked on that and it didn't open

Waitongu2 :

o

Waitongu2 :

k

Customer:

what do you suggest?

Waitongu2 :

try this

Waitongu2 :

after installing it try to open the .ica

Customer:

I am downloading now

Waitongu2 :

ok

Waitongu2 :

crossing fingers

Waitongu2 :

:)

Customer:

taking a while to install

Waitongu2 :

Thats ok. I am in no hurry whatsoever

Customer:

still slowly installing

Waitongu2 :

ok

Customer:

not sure why this is taking so long

Waitongu2 :

how far gone is it?

Customer:

only about 25%

Waitongu2 :

mmhhh

Waitongu2 :

Did you choose to download file alone? not via download manager?

Customer:

I did it via the download manager. clearly not going anywhere

Waitongu2 :

Yeah cancel that then open this and choose manual download

Customer:

ok

Customer:

not working, gives error message

Customer:

what is at the website?

Waitongu2 :

its the citrix pluggin

Customer:

unfortunately none of this has worked

Waitongu2 :

Is it downloading at all?

Customer:

when i click on the icon on the desktop it gives an error message

Waitongu2 :

mhh

Waitongu2 :

i can open this to other experts to try and help you out

Customer:

OK thanks for trying will wait for the email or sms

Waitongu2 :

cool

Customer:

Well I turned off computer, there was a windows update that needed be installed. Anyway was finally able to launch citrix receiver from desktop and install it. Bad news is that I getting a new errror message from the VA citrix application

Customer:

"unable to launch your application. cannot connect to the citrix xenapp server. network issues are preventing your connection, if persists try again

Waitongu2 :

aaah

Waitongu2 :

This will then have to be handed by the VA team

Waitongu2 :

they may need to restart the Vm services

Waitongu2 :

or the citrix server

Waitongu2 :

s

Customer:

Good news, turned computer on and off, everything just worked. Was able to launch virtual desktop. I guess the citrix receiver had to be reloaded. thank you. I will keep my fingers crossed that this has permanately fixed the problem

Waitongu2, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: 6 Years Hardware Support. I break them so i can fix them