Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Forgot my slingbox password XXXXX I am out of town

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I will be bringing bad news, and you will probably be unhappy with me, but its the correct answer and will bring closure to your challange

The only way to reset the password XXXXX XXXXX reset the Slingshot

You need to be on location to do this (I noted you are not)

To do it,

Quit SlingPlayer.
Press and hold the reset button (on the back of the Slingbox) for ten seconds (until the lights on the front of the Slingbox start blinking).
Release the reset button, and wait for both lights on the front right of your Slingbox to glow steadily.

After you reset your Slingbox, launch the SlingPlayer (either Watch on Slingbox.com, or a desktop version of SlingPlayer). You'll be asked if you'd like to set up your Slingbox. Go ahead and do that, so that you can set up your password XXXXX

Again, please don't be upset with me and rate me Poor or Bad as I can only give you the correct answer, as much as I would prefer a better solution.

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know.