Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

How do I delete a maleware virus called "blekko" from my computer.

How do I delete a maleware virus called "blekko" from my computer. I'm running windows XP on my computer. Normal uninstall software will not remove it.

Thanks,
Ken

Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode with Networking (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred.

Next, please go to Safe Mode with Networking again, then go to the website http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
, then click on Download Latest Version, to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-malware software. Then scan your computer:
(Do not buy anything; just use its free feature.)

, then restart the computer normally, and check.

If that does not work, please download and install the Revo Uninstaller program at
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
, then open it, and select blekko item, then click on Uninstall
, then select the Advanced option , then select all whenever prompted, and delete and confirm
, then restart the computer, and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the "Reply to Expert" link with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'd like to try your recommended solution but I'm not sure the day "blekko" attached itself to my computer. If I do a system restore after the date it appeared, I'll lose all files/programs I've modified since that date and still end up with "blekko" in my computer. I tried "revouninstaller" and it couldn't find anything named "blekko' to uninstall. There must be a better way.

Thanks,
Ken
System restore does not affect your files (if you did install any program recently, then you just need to reinstall it; files are not affected.) Also, if you want to, you can back up your files, i.e., to an external USB hard drive, before doing a system restore. Please take your time to try all my suggestions and let me know. If it still does not work, I can remote to your computer and check/fix this issue directly for you. Please let me know. Thank you.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Followed your instructions and "blekko" is gone. Thank you for your help.

Ken
Great. You're welcome. Please rate my work. Thank you very much.