Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

You are getting rid of iGoogle what is going to replace it?

You are getting rid of iGoogle what is going to replace it? I don't have a smart phone, iPad or other device. I rely on iGoogle for all of my browser needs because it is easy to use. I don't have to search through a lot of tabs to find what I want. Usually one easy entry gets me what I want or at least a list of possible places I can go to get what I want. For those of us that rely on these services the loss of iGoogle is a BIG mistake.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

iGoogle is not going away. In fact it is continuing to receive more attention and focus.

It is an integral part of Googles product offering, and there is no place to get rid of it or discontinue it in any way. It is heavily used and a very successful product.

I am not sure where you heard that it was being discontinued, but this is definitely not the case.

If you require any additional information at all, please do not hesitate to let me know.

In advance, Thanks for giving a positive rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks,

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chuck

I see you rated my answer one of the lower ratings, I would like to help you so if you need anything clarified or need more information please reply as I would be glad to further assist. I don't want you to leave until you are fully satisfied and you can rate me as such!

Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Read my new reply.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I do not see it here,

Can you please repeat it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My computer says iGoogle is being "retired 1November 2013". With the mobile version on July 31, 2012. answer no.(NNN) NNN-NNNN It also gives a lot of spill about how it has become outdated and so forth.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the explanation Chuck,

It is being moved into the main Google Page.

The website iGoogle.com will redirect to www.google.com but the gadgets and functionality will remain, it is just integrating into their other product services.

It will be even more functional if you use Google Chrome on your computer which you can download for free from

www.google.com/chrome

It is still very early in the progress, but you will not lose the functionality of iGoogle, it is just being integrated into their existing services.

Yes, they want to leverage more from mobile platforms, but it will not be at the expense of computer users.

If you require any additional information Chuck, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Please know Chuck, I am just a messenger here, trying to help you to the best of my ability, and do not make, or am involved in any way in any of these decisions.

I kindly and respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you can consider changing your Poor Rating of My Service to you on this answer? as I can only provide the information available, and cannot change the decisions of Google.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your consideration to this Chuck and I wish you all the best.

Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know if I'll still be able to log on to iGoogle the same way as I always do? Do you know how to customize Chrome I like my themes and gadgets just the way they are. I use google maps, weather, and several others constantly as I am new to the area I live in and would be lost without them. I'll change your rating with your next reply. I changed your rating by accident before you replied to my last question.