James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Why do some websites not load?

Why do some websites not load?
Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Are you using Internet Explorer ?

Cheers James
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I am using IE

Sounds like it could be a browser problem

Lets reset Internet Explorer To Reset Internet Explorer Open Internet Explorer Click Tools (Top right) Click Internet Options > Advanced >Reset >Reset again

If you cant reset that way Click Start Type Run in the search box Type inetcpl.cpl Press Enter then >

Advanced >Reset >Reset again

Also Please test with firefox http://www.firefox.com Click the Link above download and install Firefox and test If you have any problems let me know and i can Remote on and help

Cheers James

Please rate my answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will have to close Internet Explorer once I re-set and will therefore lose my connection with you. How will I get back to you if it doesn't work? By the way, I have the same problem using Google Chrome
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,I will have to close Internet Explorer once I re-set and will therefore lose my connection with you. How will I get back to you if it doesn't work? By the way, I have the same problem using Google Chrome
Thanks

to get back to me

Just Bookmark this Page

Press Ctrl and D at the same time to save it as a bookmark

Cheers James
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Resetting IE is too drastic a solution and may give me lots of other headaches.

I realize there is a particular website that will not load. It is a very innocuous site being the Royal Horticultural Society. Nothing in it that should trigger a block. If I have unintentionally blocked this site, how do I find out and unblock it?

Reseting IE is a normal process.

Can you give me the Full Url so i can check it loads on my system

Cheers James
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No need. I have another computer and there is no problem loading this website on that computer. What could I have done on my system that blocks this website? (www.rhs.org.uk)
Did you Install Firefox ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, but I could. Not sure how long it would take to load. But note, that I can't get the website on Google Chrome.
Then you will be able to get it on Firefox

You just need to Reset IE

you dont lose any settings

Close all Open IE's

Open one Click Tools (Top right) Click Internet Options > Advanced >Reset >Reset again