Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

none of the usb ports are working on my packard bell easynote

none of the usb ports are working on my packard bell easynote argo C
Can you help
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Is this occurring with just one USB device you are trying to connect? Or have you tried with multiple USB devices?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we have tried various usb pen,phone,keyboard,mouse
Thank You for the information.

We can do a test to see if this is a hardware or software issue causing this.

Click Start (Windows Logo Button bottom left) and then right click Computer and select Manage.

In the new window, go to Device Manager.

Go to USB and click on the + sign to show all entries under USB.

One each USB Host Controller Entry, right click and select Uninstall.

Once done, restart the computer. Windows will automatically add these back, then test if the problem is still occurring please.

If you still have the problem, please let me know BEFORE RATING ME.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This did not work
ok, can you please download and run this file which can resolve USB driver corruption within windows

Once you run it, please restart your computer and test.

Please let me know if this did not fix your problem BEFORE RATING MY SERVICE.

Thank You
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This did not work either
When did this problem start occurring?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2 ports have not worked for about 9mths.The 3rd port stopped working about 3 keeks ago
Thank You

This last step will determine if the problem is related to software or in fact the USB Controller on the mainboard has faulted.

Click start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

In the new window that opens, click on the startup tab, and disable all.

Click ok, and restart the computer.

If the ports are still not working, then I am very sorry but it will be the controller that is integrated onto the main board.

I am really sorry but you will need to take it in to be repaired (covered under warranty), there is no other way to solve this.

I am aware this is not the results you would like, and emphasis with you.

If there was a way to get this working to avoid repairing it, I would happily tell you.

Before you give your rating I ask please that you note you are rating my service to you and receiving information on what the problem is and what needs to be done to solve this, not the end result.

Of course, if you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you and all the best

I see you rated me as helping a little.

This is actually a rating of POOR on the service I gave to you (not the end result) which reflects negatively on me.

I understand we were not able to solve this as it ended up being a problem with the hardware on your computer, but can I please ask if you can reconsider your rating?

If you felt I provided a POOR service to you, then fair enough, I can understand. But if you felt my service to you (not the end result) was not poor, can you please rate me within the Top 3 ratings?

Thank you for your time with this.