Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
29701876

My tablet will not turn off

My tablet will not turn off
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hans Uebelhoer replied 2 years ago.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. Please let me know when you are ready to start.

Customer:

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX tablet will not turn off

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hi Josie, can you tell me what tablet you have?

Hans Uebelhoer :

Josie, I do not see a response from you? Did you respond? If so please sen again

Customer:

Le Pan tablet PC tc970

Hans Uebelhoer :

Thankyou one moment

Hans Uebelhoer :

Does this run windows?

Customer:

I am not certain

Hans Uebelhoer :

OK Please hold down the power button on the tablet for 30 seconds

Hans Uebelhoer :

That should allow the device to turn off

Customer:

I did that and it still will not shut off

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok, one moment

Hans Uebelhoer :

OK please try holding the Power and the reset button in for 15 seconds

Hans Uebelhoer :

do you see anything come up on the screen

Hans Uebelhoer :

Also there is HOLD button on the tablet, Please find that switch and make sure its Off

Hans Uebelhoer :

If the hold button is on you will not be able to turn off the tablet

Customer:

Nothing, Le Pan keeps running across the screen. The hold botton is off

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok, are you able to do anything on the tablet or is it frozen?

Customer:

It is frozen

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok how long have you had the tablet?

Customer:

My son gave it to me...I do not know how long. It was working fine last night when I turned it off.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok, the device may be bricked, but do not worry here is what you can do, Leave the device on all night Unplugged. The battery will eventually run out. The device will then shut off. If its not bricked then you will be able to plug it in and start it up tomorrow. If for some reason you still have issues lease call 1-855-5372-672. They can get you a replacement. Either way it will either start working normally or you will get a replacement its a win win.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Please make sure you give my answer a good rating If you need more help just ask as I am always here for follow up questions

Customer:

Ok will do

Hans Uebelhoer :

Have a great night and thank you

Hans Uebelhoer :

I see that you rated that I helped a Little. If you need more help let me know as I will not be compensated by the website unless you choose one of the 3 smiley faces to the right

Hans Uebelhoer :

If the solution does work please consider re rating my answer. If you need more help just ask I am here to assist you till your happy

Hans Uebelhoer : Hi, did the battery die overnight? We're you able to start it up the next morning?
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience: Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.