TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Computer Repairer
Experience:  6 College Certificates, 16 years exp, Own Computer Business
13888338

ra-mpa

Customer Question

I have a "Candy Arcade Advertisement" that attaches itself usually to a noun and then opens as a square box with web sites relating to the word it has attaches itself to. I am updating a course that I teach and have discover it is interfering with "action' words that I use to make changes in my assignments. Is there any way to remove this from my computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  TaylorTech replied 4 years ago.

TaylorTech :

Hiya, My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you with your issue today. I will help you to the best of my ability.

TaylorTech :

This is an adware program that offers free arcade games in return for taking over your search settings and redirecting them to their affiliates. Arcade Candy Games may also add a browser / toolbar hijacker for Internet Explorer, FireFox and Chrome.

TaylorTech :

please download a program called MalwareBytes and perform a full system scan.

TaylorTech :

Download it HERE

TaylorTech :

Please Note - You can do this scan for free and is not ness to purchase the program unless you desire to

TaylorTech :

This program is designed to remove programs and items such as the advertisements you are seeing otherwise known as adware.

TaylorTech :

Once the scan has completed, you will see everything that the scanner has found and you will be able to remove it from your computer

TaylorTech :

Upon completion and restart of your machine, please look to see if the problem has been removed. If you need any more help with this issue, I will be glad to.

JACUSTOMER-4j7o6k9j- :

I have been talking to Mike at about 8:30 pm re: trying to remove an ad virus "candy
Arcade Advertisement" which pops up everywhere, including these page tabs. It is really interfering with my online courses that I'm trying to set up for the fall. I did finally successfully download as instructed the Malware bytes program and restarted my computer then I ran a quick scan, but with no inprovement. Is there anything else I can do?

MY E-mail that I registered with [email protected] and the password XXXXX me was xxxxxx thank you heather

Optional Information:
Computer OS: Windows Vista
Browser: IE

Already Tried:
The quick scan Malware Bytes

TaylorTech :

Hi Heather, could you tell me what the scanner found?

TaylorTech :

If that method did not remove it, we will need to use the same program in safe mode.

TaylorTech :

Please restart your computer, and from the very moment you restart, start tapping the F8 key

TaylorTech :

Once every 1 second is acceptable but no faster or it will lock up and beep continiously

TaylorTech :

Keep tapping F8 until you see the advanced boot menu on your screen

TaylorTech :

From this menu, select safe mode with networking

TaylorTech :

Once in safe mode, windows will be in reduced function and often makes it easier to eliminate virus problems

TaylorTech :

Please locate Malwarebytes from safemode and run a full scan there for me and let me know the results.

TaylorTech :

Thanks Mike

41189.5616084144