cpugeek
cpugeek, IT Manager
Experience:  20 Years IT Experience; BSCS, MBA, MCSE, MCSA.
54738002

210. How to download a Webex recording? I recorded WebEx

Customer Question

210. How to download a Webex recording?

I recorded WebEx session as host. I don't know how to access that recording.

How to do that?
Category: Computer
Expert:  cpugeek replied 2 years ago.

If you recorded a webex session it would normally be shown as a link in the meeting space, or on your webex site, for your access.

Did you go back to the meeting space or your webex site (if you have one) and check for the link?

Thanks.
cpugeek, IT Manager
Experience: 20 Years IT Experience; BSCS, MBA, MCSE, MCSA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I was recording it said that it will record on server. How do I download from server. I am just an attendee whom the owner gave host access to record.
Expert:  cpugeek replied 2 years ago.
If it's a regular webex account, you should be able to go to www.webex.com and login using your previously established login credentials.

Once you're logged in it should take you to the home page your webex account.

At the top you'll see a tabbed navigation bar (should be blue).

Click on "Meetings", which will show a new page. Down below you'll see another tabbed navigation bar which says "upcoming", "recent", and "pick a range". Click on "recent".

In the list of recent meetings, you will see all meetings and whether they were recorded (denoted by a "recorded" label under the meeting name).

click on the the meeting name that was recorded, and details of the meeting will open. On the right side of the new page you will see a label "watch the recording".

clicking that button will play back the recording for you using the "network recording player", which gets automatically configured the first time you play.

Thank you.

Expert:  cpugeek replied 2 years ago.
My apologies. Here's an easier way I forgot about:

Login to webex.com, click on "Files" in the blue navigation bar.

In the files menu 3 new items will appear:
Meeting attachments, Meeting recordings, and Files Shared with me.

Click on Meeting Recordings.
In the list will be displayed all the recordings you have made. You can click on the recording name, or you can click the little arrow to the right of it, and then select Play, Download, or Delete.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. I can see the recording now. How do I download it on my PC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can access the online version of recording from meetings but not from files tab.
Expert:  cpugeek replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

When you view the Files tab, the recording name, size, duration and time/date should be listed for each recording.

Immediately to the right of the time/date info is a little black arrow. If you see the little black arrow, click it and you will get a download option.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In which tab? Meetings of Files?
Expert:  cpugeek replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, in the Files tab on the main page of your account, which is in a blue navigation bar:
Home Meetings Files Contacts

Choose Files.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are no files in any of the folders.
Expert:  cpugeek replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.
When you clicked on the recording feature to enable recording during the meeting, you would have needed to click the red "record" button at the bottom right of the screen to begin recording.
Did you do that during your session, and then click the stop button when you were done?
Just to be sure we're both looking in the same place, can you download and view this word document I created, which has screen shots of the webex page in it of where the files would be located?
http://wikisend.com/download/103472/webex_meeting _recording_info.doc
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The recording is in the meetings section but not in any of the folders in the files section. The only issue I have now is to be able to download the recording.
Expert:  cpugeek replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

It seems as if one of two things is occurring: you may have a different type of account than I (though webex support shows all accounts with the same recording features), or the recording is still being processed for release as a download by the webex servers (there is sometimes a delay in the recording being made available).
I can't find any information or reason at this point which would demonstrate to me why the recording is not available to you for download if you can see it in the meeting details (I verified it is working with my own account), therefore, I'll opt out and let another expert take over who may know why this is occurring.
Someone should be with your shortly, and thank you for the opportunity to assist.
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need an answer for this question, and I would like to accept the cpugeek's answer for his effort. He did give me partial answer.

You can then put a new expert to the question if you like.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for choosing our site to ask your question~!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today as the other expert has opt-out.

Log in to your WebEx site.
Click the My WebEx button on the top navigation bar.
Go to the My Recordings tab like before.
Click on the service type link the recording was created with:
Meeting Center = Meetings
Event Center = Events
Sales Center = Sales Meetings
Training Center = Training Sessions

Use one of the methods below to download the recording:
To the right of the recording topic, click the button, then select Download.

OR

Click the topic link of the recording, then click on the Download recording link.