Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

How do I activate my magic jack plus. I tried my old number

How do I activate my magic jack plus. I tried my old number on the magic jack computer one which was XXX-XXX-XXXX in BC canada and it wouldn't accept it plus I'd like to use my existing home telephone number which is on telus at XXX-XXX-XXXX and it wouldn't accept it so how do I get started? Frustrated! Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Ok, first:

To register your magicJack Plus:

1. Plug your magicJack Plus into a USB port on your computer (PC or MAC)

2. Click on "Click Here to Register" in the left window of the magicJack Plus softPhone

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to register with your personal information. You will be given the option to select your area code during this registration process

Then it is used like this:

Using your magicJack Plus with a computer

A. If using a MAC, double click the magicJack Plus icon that appears

B. If using a PC, magicJack Plus software will load automatically

You are now ready to make and receive calls

Using magicJack plus without a computer

1. Plug the magicJack Plus into the power adapter that has been provided

2. Plug the Ethernet cord that has been provided into the magicJack Plus

3. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cord into your modem our router

4. Plug a telephone into your magicJack Plus

5. Plug the power adapter into a power outlet

To change the number, sign in to:

http://my.magicjack.com/

Click the "Phone Numbers" tab and then the "Port a Phone Number" button.

Follow the prompts to submit your transfer request.

There will be a non-refundable nominal fee. They will provide status via email.

Let me know if you run into any trouble...
Replacing Emoji...

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It still doesn't work in the computer or the wall now I have paid over $140.00 what is happening please help me activate it

Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
What happens when you plug it directly into the computer?

Replacing Emoji...