Bryan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Hardware/Software/Viruses/Malware/Spyware .. I can help you fix it all.
59162784

I am a 70 year old grandmother who has Dell computer/Inspiron

I am a 70 year old grandmother who has Dell computer/Inspiron 620 ST/Intel core processor/Genuine window 7 Home premium /with all kinds of preinstalled stuff purchased 1/22/12.
For the last month a random interval I get a message "SyncUP has stopped working".
The green wave moves and then the pop-up message goes away.
But yesterday, Sunday, 6-3-12 my computer crashed. It repaired itself, nothing seems to be lost, and only the time of day is off by @ one hour. In bottom right hand corner there is a little flag "Solve PC issues: l message".
Packing Slip lists: SyncUP powered by Nero/keep your files up-to-date across your PCs, mobile devices, and cloud storage. What to do??? Send tower back to Dell????
Category: Computer
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.

JBryan42 :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to help you with this problem.

JBryan42 :

Well, first let's fix the time of day. Syncing problems can be caused by incorrect clocks. So, right click on the clock in the lower right, then give me a minute while I boot another machine to give you a step-by-step ...

JBryan42 :

oh boy ... my test machine is doing some updates. It will be just another minute.

JBryan42 :

Ok, after right-clicking the clock, choose "Adjust date/time".

JBryan42 :

First verify the time zone is correct. If it is, click on "Change date and time"

JBryan42 :

Still with me?

JBryan42 :

We may be having problems with the chat system. I will finish the instructions then switch to q&a format so you can ask questions if needed.

JBryan42 :

If the timezone is not correct, click "Change Timezone", then select the correct timezone from the dropdown menu.

JBryan42 :

If you have to "Change Date and Time", fix the time by clicking on the hour, and hitting the up or down arrow to correct the hour. Then do the same for the minutes. It doesn't have to be exact, but try to get it within a couple minutes of the correct time.

Customer:

If I answer you my clock goes away.

Okay I fixed the time. Clock now shows 8:56 pm

JBryan42 :

ah, same time as me. Ok, now you'll need to bookmark (save to favorites) this page, and reboot your computer. Then we can check on the "PC Issues".

JBryan42 :

Ok, it does look like we are having problems with the chat system. I will switch to Q&A and we can continue there.

Customer:

Hi, are you still with me? I am in no hurry. I just want to make sure I am responding correctly. When I communicate with you do I just type in this lower window and hit enter?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Well, in the chat mode, yes. In this mode just type in the lower box. It won't be instant communication, but it works when the chat system has problems.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I am just about to sign off for the evening. Have you rebooted the machine after fixing the time? Does it still give you an error?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JBryan42

I do not know what your instructions are to fix SyncUP not working. The time was always correct and I got the "SyncUP not working" for a month previous to the computer crashing Sunday, 6-3-12. Changing the time was not the issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do you reboot the computer? Do you mean: turn it off and then turn it on again?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JBryan42

Have you signed off for the night? I was waiting for Q&A on the original screen. Should I sign of now? I just happened to check my email and saw your messages. Do we continue the Q&A later? I really don't think you answered my question. Don't I need to go into My Computer or SynUP and fix something?

Will you get back to me or is my session ended without an answer to "SynUP has stopped working"?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
No, your session is never ended until you are satisfied. Sorry, yeah I had signed off at that point last night.

To reboot, click Start, click the arrow next to "Shut Down", click "Restart".

Now, for SyncUp, please visit the following link to download the program: http://dellsyncup.nero.com/enu/download/

After you have installed the program and if you still continue to encounter the error message “SyncUp has stopped working”, please capture the technical details of the error message. (Error message is accompanied with a link – read more). And please write back with the error detail.