Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience

I tried to access my old Hotmail account but it keeps asking

Customer Question

I tried to access my old Hotmail account but it keeps asking me for a code and I do not have a code, this happens when I try to change the password. Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I would like to speak with Sandy if possible, as he/she knows about my dilema. I have followed the prompts provided by Sandy but to no avail all I am getting is this message and keep getting asked for some code # XXXXX I do not understand. I have a hotmail account as followsXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and I am being blocked from accessing my original account. I have opened a new hotmail account as advised but not happy as I do not have access to all my original contacts the message I keep getting is as follows "Your account has been blocked

Why are you seeing this?

Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service).
We're here to help you get your account back.

What do you need to do?

We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password XXXXX case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way.

We've cleaned your account settings

Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had.Your account has been blocked."
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. I'm XXXXX XXXXX, a/k/a "DrKlahn." Thanks for using JustAnswer.

The notification from Hotmail is quite correct. It's probable that your password XXXXX been guessed by a spammer, and your account is being used to send spam email. Spammers will go to great lengths to break into accounts that have been used reputably, as they can abuse those accounts more than new ones. Strong passwords are a must, as they can guess a password XXXXX least once a second, which is 86,400 password XXXXX a day.

Since you've been having trouble with the standard password XXXXX procedure, you may have to use the manual reset procedure (see *** below). You should try the standard procedures again first, however, because the manual reset procedure must be done by the Hotmail support team, and will take one or two days.

Do not hesitate to ask for additional help if you have trouble with resetting your account.

This procedures are attached below, as shown at http://email.about.com/od/hotmailtips/qt/et_passwordlost.htm

How to recover a lost Hotmail password XXXXX you have an alternate email address and know your secret questions:

To reset your Windows Live Hotmail password XXXXX create a new when you have forgotten your old:

Go to the Windows Live Hotmail password XXXXX page at https://account.live.com/password/reset

Make sure I forgot my password XXXXX XXXXX under What problem are you having signing in?

Click Reset your password.

Type your Windows Live / Hotmail address under Windows Live ID:

Enter the characters from the captcha under Characters. Alternatively, select I can't see this image and type the characters as you hear them. Click Next.

If you have provided an alternate email address for your Windows Live Hotmail account:

Make sure Email me a reset link is selected under Select an option for resetting your password.

Click Next.

Read the email at your alternate email address from the Windows Live Team with the subject Windows Live Password XXXXX.

Follow the link under If you requested this password XXXXX go here:

If you have a set up a security question with a secret answer:

Make sure Security Question is selected under Select an option for resetting your password.

Type the answer to the question that appears after Question: under Secret answer: Click Next.

Type the desired new password XXXXX New password: and Retype new password: Click Continue.

Click Done.

***
How to recover a lost Hotmail password XXXXX a secondary email address or secret question answer:

If you have neither a secondary email address associated with your Windows Live Hotmail account nor a secret question (or a satisfying answer to it):

Open the Windows Live account recovery form at https://security.live.com/acsr.aspx

Enter your Windows Live Hotmail email address under Windows Live ID:

Type an email address other than the one you are trying to recover under Contact email:

Click Continue.

Provide as much detail as possible so Windows Live Hotmail support can connect you to your account without doubt of your identity as the account owner.

After recovering your account:

Choose a new, strong password. Use both upper and lower case letters and numbers. Curious65George looks strong, but it is not; on the other hand, CuRiOuSgeo42RGE is strong. A randomly chosen password XXXXX XXXXX better, but most people have to write it down somewhere. In general, the harder a password XXXXX XXXXX remember, the stronger it is.

If anything in this answer is unclear, or you'd like something explained in more detail, don't hesitate to ask.

If the problem is not resolved or this answer is unsatisfactory for any reason, please do not accept it. Let me know why, give me a chance to correct it, and let me know how I can do better in the future.

Remember: Further discussion is always possible, even after an Answer has been accepted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I try to login with my new passwork this is the message continues to pop up and I am still not able to access my original account which is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, as stated before I have had to open a new hotmail account which is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX my problem is all I want is to have access to my original hotmail account above.

Your account has been blockedWhy are you seeing this? Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service).
We're here to help you get your account back. What do you need to do?We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password XXXXX case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way.We've cleaned your account settingsOften customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had.

Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. It is marginally possible that your computer has been infected by malware that is preventing the password XXXXX Have you tried using the password XXXXX on a different computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you DrKlahn I will do this within the next half hour and see if I have some success. Kind Regards Mary-Ellen
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.
(ignore this message - I must respond to all customer comments)

Expert:  Sandy replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sir/Madam,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.Press Ctrl+D so that can return to this page easily.

Your hotmail account was hacked by someone and hacker has used this account to send spams. That is the reason hotmail team blocked this email account.

You are not able to reset the password XXXXX the hacker changed the password XXXXX options like- alternate email and security question and answer.

So, you can not reset the password XXXXX Hotmail will do it for you if you fill out the details under the link below and prove that you are real owner of this account.

http://tinyurl.com/5ructsv

So, please wait fill out the details and wait for 12-36 hours.