technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science

I forgot my log-on password XXXXX my ASUS Laptop. I do not have

Customer Question

I forgot my log-on password XXXXX my ASUS Laptop. I do not have a USB or CD reset device.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service,

Is this a BIOS password XXXXX a Windows password? Basically, does the password XXXXX up as SOON as you power on the system (from being OFF), or is it after Windows boots on a screen with your user name, etc.?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The request for password XXXXX up after windows has booted and an icon comes on with my name. When I click on my name then the request for the password XXXXX on.
I can instruct you on a password XXXXX CD. It WILL require some basic computer skills, another computer, a CDR, and a working CD recordable drive on the other computer to complete. Can you do that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK here is a direct link to download the ISO file to burn.

You'll need to download and burn this. Use a program like IMGBURN. Download link here:

So, use the image burner along with the CDR in your drive to create the password XXXXX CD. Then, go back to the computer you are having trouble with. Put the CD in the drive, and reboot the computer (or turn it off , then on). If the computer is already setup, it will prompt to boot to CD. Otherwise, you may have to hit F11 for a boot menu. You have to BOOT off the CD , and you'll know because it will NOT boot to the password XXXXX you are getting now. So, you may have to try a few times.

Now, once you successfully boot the OPHcrack live cd, you may or may not need additonal instructions (depending on your tech skills). If you do, no worries. Just check out this tutorial.

Ultimately, this bootcd will be able to help you RESET/CLEAR your Windows password. So when done, reboot and put in the new password, or if cleared no password XXXXX all, until you change/add one.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ASUS Tech Support # 11302373-160.....My above response was "It's OKI"...My final response is: Your answer was terrible. It did not work and I want my money back!
There is no reason to be rude. If the answer didn't work, then explain what's going on so I can help you. Also, this is NOT Asus tech support. This is Just Answer.