Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified

i forgot my password XXXXX my yahoo account and my security question

i forgot my password XXXXX my yahoo account and my security question aint working
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Please click here --->

Select "I forgot my password" and click Next

Follow ALL the prompts in order to reset your password

If no luck, I am afraid your yahoo account has been hacked. Usually email addresses are being hacked by weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers OR by users that enter their password XXXXX fake websites.

There is a YAHOO Validation Page that they (Yahoo) have set up to attempt to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password XXXXX Basic steps do not work.

The Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide to Yahoo) when you created or updated your account. The more information you provide to Yahoo, the better for their Support Agents to validate your identity. Enter the security questions and answers that you had, it does not matter if the hackers changed it, yahoo will check your previous information too

Click here ----->

Under "Select a product" please select "Yahoo! Account"

Under "Select a category" select "Suspicious activity"

Under it, please select "someone changed my account information"

Then under "Write a short description" just write the word hacked and click the "Enter" button

You will see "Email Now" on the bottom. Click on it.

Then please enter all the required information (marked with a red asterisk)

This is the best you can do. They should answer in 2 or 3 days to your alternate email address (the one you will enter on that link next to "Alternate email address". Please do that as soon as you possible. I think it is a lot of waiting time, but it is the best we can do, because unfortunately Yahoo does not have phone customer support for email issues.

Please note I do NOT work for Yahoo so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If you are a Paid Yahoo customer you can also call Yahoo customer service at 1-866-562-7219

You can also email Yahoo directly [email protected], but the best bet it is the Validation Page.

Thank you

John C.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.