Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

Hello, my acer tablet keeps showing too many pattern attemps

Hello, my acer tablet keeps showing too many pattern attemps when I try to sign in. I tried a hard reset but it didin't help.I also tried pushing the reset button on the acer tablet. How can I reset the tablet?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

RichieMe :

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

RichieMe :

What model is the ACER?

Customer:

A200

RichieMe :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it turn the device off then power + vol-up and then lock

RichieMe :

This will reset the device and remove the pattern code

RichieMe :

Let me know please if you have any difficulties

RichieMe :

and please remember to click Accept and take care

Customer:

okay I am trieing it now.

RichieMe :

thanks

Customer:

ok the device is off. am I supposed to push the power and vo-up at the same time? and how do I lock it?

RichieMe :

there is a lock button on your model

RichieMe :

do you see it?

RichieMe :

or more a lock switch

RichieMe :

this

Customer:

yes I see a button with a picture on it.

RichieMe :

Full Size Image

RichieMe :

ok, hold volume up, then at the same time power then lock it

Customer:

yes this is it.

RichieMe :

ok, use the procedure I gave and let me know if you have any difficulties please

Customer:

I tried it twice it didin't work.

RichieMe :

did it reset?

Customer:

no.

no

RichieMe :

ok, turn it off

RichieMe :

press the power, then volume up then lock

Customer:

let me make sure I am doing this right. I push the power button, the screen says would you like to shut down? I choose ok. It says shutting down. Then I push power buttonand volume up button together and then slide button over to lock. the volume up side is the side with the two dots right?

RichieMe :

correct

Customer:

it still isint working

RichieMe :

ok, you see the reset button?

RichieMe :

hold that in with the device on for 10 seconds please

Customer:

ok

Customer:

it didin't work

RichieMe :

turn off the Acer and then push it for 10 seconds

Customer:

ok

RichieMe :

this is under the card slot cover right?

RichieMe :

the button there

Customer:

yes

RichieMe :

ok

Customer:

do I need to turn the power back on after I do this, or does it come on by itself?

RichieMe :

turn the power on please after doing this

Customer:

it didin't work

RichieMe :

ok something is seriously wrong with this device

RichieMe :

we have done all reset procedure for the device

RichieMe :

and it will not load the image

RichieMe :

I think it has been corrupted. Is the device still under warranty?

Customer:

yes it is

RichieMe :

ok, I advise you take it in to be replaced. The fact that the reset is not working

RichieMe :

is indicating that the image has been either removed or corrupted

RichieMe :

and you need this in the event that you would have to reset it

RichieMe :

I am sorry about this

RichieMe :

but we need to reset the device to remove the pattern lock

RichieMe :

and you have done the reset procedure correctly

Customer:

ok I will return it back to the store, thanks for your help.

RichieMe :

your very welcome

Customer:
RichieMe :

If I can offer any other assistance

RichieMe :

please let me know

Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry