Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My Dell does not connect to my Motorola Wireless Router. The

My Dell does not connect to my Motorola Wireless Router. The trouble shooting wizard indicated that it could not associate with the router. Can you help?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Was the dell computer able to connect to the motorola wireless router previously?

Does another laptop have the same issue?

Does the dell computer have windows xp, vista, or 7?

What type of security do you have on the router, i.e. WEP or WPA?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
See my embedded comments below.

Was the dell computer able to connect to the motorola wireless router previously? [Marcus] No.

Does another laptop have the same issue? [Marcus] I have 3 other laptops and none of them have this issue.

Does the dell computer have windows xp, vista, or 7?[Marcus] Windows 7.

What type of security do you have on the router, i.e. WEP or WPA?[Marcus] WPA2-PSK.

Can you try the following on the dell computer:

Please click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then open/expand Network adapters and right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm. Then restart the computer.

Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:

netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

Then restart the computer and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Now it works. Thanks!
Great. You're welcome. Thank you.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.