Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

Microsoft Windows says iTunes has has stopped working and the

Microsoft Windows says iTunes has has stopped working and the "check online for a solution" tells me its an APPCRASH with a Fault Module Name Stack Hash 8181.
Need urgent help.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please uninstall all apple programs such as Apple software updater, Bonjour, QuickTime, Apple Mobile Device Support, Itunes and any other apple programs on the computer.

1.Go to the folder c:\windows\system32 and delete the files QuickTime.qts and QuicktimeVR.qtx and QuickTime folder

2.Go to the folder c:\windows and delete the files QTFont.for and QTFont.qfn

3.Delete the folder c:\program files\quicktime

Re install itunes and please let me know the outcome.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, I've uninstalled all apple programs but where do I go to find the folders you mention in 1 and 2, how do I install iTunes again, and do I need to re-install all the other Apple programs (sorry I'm not very computer savy).
Click on the windows start button then click on computer.

Navigate to the follow location.

Open the C drive after every backlash it's a different folder.

Once you have removed itunes and all of the apple apps. Remove the folders listed and reinstall iTunes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are doing great, but I can find only "Quick.ime" under c:\windows\system32, would that be it, or what?
Thank you,

If you don't see it then that's fine, it was most likely removed when you removed quicktime.

Use the link I have provided to download and install iTunes. When you reach the site click on "Download Installer" then "Run". The site (ninite) will then download and install iTunes for you when it's done test out your issue.

Please let me know how you make out.

Click here>>>iTunes Download

Hi Nick,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Cris